If you have a medical history about any type of hearing loss and you have been diagnosed with hearing impairment problems. Therefore hearing care professionals may recommend hearing aids to you. But during the old times treating your hearing loss was not an easy task. Because of the lack of knowledge and technology was the main boundary for it. So those people who had lost their hearing ability had to live with that situation for the rest of his life, unfortunately. Therefore we should be thankful for today’s technology.
Because of that, now you have a variety of brands and styles to choose from. Also, they come in a variety of sizes too from bigger BTE to very small CIC. But many hearing aid devices are made nowadays with keeping the same thing in mind. This is that people do not want to show they have a hearing impairment problem and they use a machine for this. Thus most of the devices manufactured in the present time which are very small in size liked by people. Due to the very small size of these devices, they are about to 100% invisible to the other person. That is the reason these called Invisible Hearing Aid Devices.
You can purchase the latest hearing aids at a fair price through HearingSol, If you need any assistance or you have a query regarding Invisible Hearing Aid or Hearing Loss, feel free to call us at 1800-121-4408. We are always here to help you.
Invisible Hearing Aid in Present Time
According to the National Institutes of Health out of every 1000 people, who suffer from moderate to severe hearing loss at least only 182.5 people use a hearing machine. Although Different brands or manufacturers of hearing aids provide various types of hearing devices with the latest technology. But the main reason behind less use of these devices is that today, these are very expensive. Hence every person can not afford a hearing aid to use. Because every person wants the best, smallest, reliable and cheap hearing equipment.
One of the smallest and effective ears aids types are Invisible In the Canal (IIC) and Completely In the Canals (CIC). These hearing devices are so tiny or very small in size. Because of that people will not even notice it if they are near to you too. They are also very suitable for mild to severe kind of deafness. However, these ear machines’ styles and features are not meant for everyone thus may not fulfill the purpose for a few of them who use it. Therefore, before buying any kind of hearing device, it is extremely important to consider the pros and cons of these small type invisible hearing aid with your audiologist.
What is Invisible Hearing aid?
These invisible hearing aid machines are also the same as other listening devices. Which are very smaller in size, but these devices are very helpful for the hearing impaired people. Because these devices are very small in size so that they even don’t get noticed by other people if someone wears them. Therefore it gives the confidence to those who are afraid of telling others about their deafness. This listening equipment comes in a variety of different sizes and in various colors too so that suits the taste and style of any person who wears it.
Due to its unbelievable compact size, such devices are very much tiny. Hence that the person who staring directly into your ears from just a foot away he must have to struggle to see the device. This invisible hearing aid equipment is purposely designed for the people who are slightly self-conscious about their hearing loss. Because they do not want to let others know about their hearing difficulties. Also, they think that other people will treat them differently if they come to know about this. Hence they will not again live their life normally.
Features of Invisible Hearing Aid
The impression of hearing aid and ear canal is turned into a 3D computerized rendering from there, each hearing aid component is “virtually” positioned, to create the tiniest finished product possible. Then, your hearing aid is built and delicately sculpted until it matches the contours of your ear canal.
These hearing aids have fitted extraction cords to insert and remove from the ear. IIC hearing aids houses a size 10 (Yellow) battery. The typical lifespan of a size 10 battery is between 3-5 days. Although this can vary upon the number of hours per day used. Also, it depends on how long the hearing aid is used by the user. Including the severity of hearing loss and the equipped technology level of hearing aid.
It has the following features :
- Custom design, as per person’s need
- Completely invisible from the outside of the ear
- Highly User-friendly and provide ease of service
- Longer working life it gives, even with small size
- 2 years international warranty allows long term use
Benefits of Invisible Hearing Aid
Reduces the Occlusion
It reduces the sensation of ‘occlusion’ (e.g. hearing your voice louder in your head as if it’s trapped inside) which can sometimes occur when IIC hearing aids fit in the outer cartilaginous portion of your ear canal. This is because unlike the cartilaginous portion, the bony part of the ear canal doesn’t internally vibrate as much when you talk.
It is miniature and has an invisible appearance. It is custom-made for you and is invisible from outside. Their size not only makes them comfortable but also invisible in the sense that it is hard to make out whether a person is wearing them or not.
The microphone located in Invisible In Canal (IIC) hearing aids helps in using the telephone. It also helps in the preservation of the natural acoustics provided by the external ear (pinna) that help with localizing the direction of sound from in front and behind you.
Types of Invisible Hearing Aid
There are only two main categories or types available that fall under invisible hearing aid technology. Both types of these devices are custom made and can take the shape of your ear canal. This feature helps the device to fir better in your ear canal and give you immense experience.
IIC (In the Canal)
It is the most discreet than the ITE hearing aid device. This can sit deep in the ear canal and probably invisible to other people whether they are close to you. Also, equipped with the latest technology which able to provide you advance options and various features to use.
ITE (In the Ear)
These devices have the latest digital technologies in a module casing that fits perfectly in the ear. These types can be visible within the ear. Because it has a little big size than the IIC model. Although it is an invisible hearing aid and can not notice by other people until they look very carefully into your ear.
Some of the Best Invisible Hearing Aid
Here we are giving a brief introduction of various models fall under the category of invisible hearing aid, and available in the market.
1. Signia Silk Nx
- Signia Silk Nx
It is one of the best hearing aid devices based on the NX platform which has the best natural sound. This device is compatible with the touch control app for discreet remote control and ready for smooth trials.
Key Features :
- It is invisible and discreet.
- Smaller than its predecessor.
- Binaural OneMic directionality.
2. Starkey Soundlense Synergy IQ
The Starkey is renowned for the invisible ear machine and has excellent comfort in the ear and the sound quality. It is one of the smallest IIC’s which is suitable for the majority of ear canals. It is the only hearing device which is compatible with the wireless accessories. The wireless solution gives you the ability to stream TV, music and much more.
3. Phonak Virto B Titanium
- Phonak Virto B Titanium
It is a 3D printed titanium shell which means better comfort and a much tiny hearing aid device. It is based on the Belong platform which seamlessly adjusts the program depending on the listening environment.
Pros & Cons of Small Invisible Hearing Aid
Well, there are benefits and limitations to all types of hearing machines. Hence, the pros and cons are given below:
Pros of Small Hearing Aids
- Both CIC and IIC hearing devices deliver outstanding sound quality. In the CIC ear machine, the outer ear of the person is used as a funnel to support location and sound amplification. They are also are very discreet. The tiny IIC hearing machine is deeply fit in the ear canal next to the eardrum for easy sound delivery.
- Their design allows the air and sound to pass through the ear canal. Therefore, reducing wind noise when a person is at some outdoor place.
- CIC and IIC hearing machine placement near the eardrum makes sure that less power is required for sound transfer. Resulting in the reduction of feedback sounds such as whistling noise.
- They are suitable for mild to moderate hearing impairment.
- Both hearing devices have outstanding bass reproduction.
- It provides natural sounds for many users. The placement of the hearing devices also reduces the “occlusion effect” which can produce booming or hollow echo-like sounds.
Potential Comfort and Attractive
- Hearing aid brands provides a wireless connection to mobile phones in tiny hearing devices.
- These don’t have any wires or external tubes.
- They are also available in custom modeled and lightweight
- These hearing devices because of their tiny size, are nearly invisible.
- One can wear headphones over the hearing machine.
- Natural and Easy use of the mobile phone.
Cons of Small Hearing Aids
- In terms of strength, these are enclosed in a thin acrylic custom made of shell. The thin size of the shell could be broken easily. Therefore, re-shelling is required which can cost Rs 13,881 at one time.
- Its tiny size doesn’t allow fitting of many hearing device technologies like the directional microphone. Siemens’ hearing aids present Siemens’ Insio Binax 7 which are wireless hearing aids that helps in improving speech understanding in noise.
- The batteries of the CIC and IIC are very small. Therefore, the battery lasts only for approximately 4 days. One needs to change batteries regularly.
- People who use these tiny hearing devices usually feel of blockage in the ear or Occlusion. These tiny hearing machines fill the ear like the bad flu which also increases the echo sound in the voice. If the deafness is greater than 45 dB in low frequencies then the blockage is a big problem. Providing an outlet to the ear is also not possible as the size of the vent is according to the size of the person’s ear.
- The controls of the device are nearly impossible to see. People with vision difficulty usually have a problem in using such tiny hearing aids.
- These IIC hearing machines are not suitable in hot, oily or wet conditions. Therefore, requires constant repairing to compare other hearing devices.
- They are also suitable for everyone’s ear canal. People who have differently shaped ear or other than the normal are not able to wear these IIC hearing aids.
- Requires excess cleaning, care, and maintenance of hearing devices for long-term use.
World’s First Invisible Hearing Aid
Nanoplug was the world’s first IIC hearing aid designed by an international research team. It is very small in size and almost unnoticeable. The development of the Nanoplug hearing aid was made possible by nanotechnology.
- It Comprises a small battery and other micro-components.
- Dimensions of nano plug areas: 7.1mm x 5.7mm x 4.17mm.
- World researchers invented that there are no toxic chemicals inside the battery of the nano plug.
- It doesn’t cover the ear canal.
- It can be removed by using the provided tool.
How to choose the right hearing aid?
For choosing a right hearing machine, consult an audiologist or a hearing health professional. There are different kinds of people with different ear structures and with varying hearing loss. The different hearing machine suits different people, for example, those who want behind the ear hearing aid use receiver in the canal(RIC). Or receiver in the ear(RITE) as their small size is very comfortable when worn. They come in different colors and also contains a nearly invisible tube. They are best for those who have severe deafness. These lightweight hearing devices are easy to handle.
There are also some ear machines such as Siemens Aquarius waterproof which is very convenient to use in every weather condition. And some devices offer advanced wireless and Bluetooth technology such as Starkey Wi Series which offers one-touch sweep technology.
Depending on your lifestyle, budget, environment and your audiologist advice, buy a hearing machine. On the advice of health care professionals (1800-121-4408) take a hearing test before making any decision of purchasing a hearing aid.
Invisible Hearing Aid Price List
|Model||Type||Battery Size||Channel||Gain||Fitting Range||Total Programs||MRP (INR)|
|Virto Q 90 nano||ITC||10||20||S=46 M=50||0-85||5+7+0||2,54,000|
|Bolero Q 90 M(IP 67)||BTE||13||20||67||0-95||5+7+#||2,38,000|
|Bolero Q 90 SP||BTE||13||20||75||0-120||5+7+#||2,38,000|
|Bolero Q 90 P||BTE||13||20||71||0-110||5+7+#||2,38,000|
|Naida Q 90 UP||BTE||675||20||85||30-120||5+7+#||2,03,000|
|Family||Description||Fitting Bands||Fitting range||Battery||MRP(INR)|
|Swift||Swift 70 BTE||AFC||80||13/270||Rs 9,800|
|GO PRO||GO PRO CIC||4||85||312/145||Rs 17,500|
|TEGO||TEGO D BTE VC||4||90||13/220||Rs 30,000|
|GET||GET CIC||4||80||10/100||Rs 27,000|
|HIT||HIT D ITC||4||85||312/140||Rs 40,000|
|Model||Type||Battery Size||Max Battery Life (In hrs)||Fitting|
|Bravo B2||BTE||13||375||20-80dBHL||2channels, 2bands||13000.00|
|Bravissimo BV-8||BTE||13||450||20-80dBHL||Advance entry-level Digital Hearing Aids||20000.00|
|Real RE-9||BTE||13||370||10-90 dBHL||Latest technological development with Integrated signal processing,||30000.00|
|Bravo B32||High Power BTE||675||500||50–120dBHL||Bravo B2 Series Features||20,000.00|
|Flash FL-CIC||CIC||10||120||0-75 dB HL||programmed up to 10KHZ in RIC||40000.00|
|Wi Series i110||CIC ITC ITE||0 – 90 dB||Designed for Vibrant Lifestyle, SoundPoint, 100% Wireless, Premium Binaural Spatial mapping, Live 3D Speech mapping, iQ Boost, Synchronized User Adjustments, Binaural Telephone Mode, T2 on Demand, Premium Voce iQ2, Invision Directionality, PureWave Feedback Eliminator, Self Check, Swap Fit, Live Real Ear Measurement, Self Learning, Spectral iQ, Compatible with all SurfLink Accessories, Optinium High-resolution sound imaging,||Rs 217000|
|CIC ITC ITE Exp New||0 – 110 dB||Rs 232000|
|RIC||0 – 90 dB||Rs 213000|
|RIC AP||0 – 110 dB||Rs 218000|
|Pocket Models||MRP (INR)|
|LOTUS 12 P BTE||7390.00|
|ITC LOTUS 23||12990.00|
Lyric is the smallest style of hearing aid. This device manages to fit all the electronics in a very small container that fits directly into your ear and is much smaller than the other hearing devices.
Benefits of Lyric:
- 100% Invisible: This device is placed in the ear canal, and remains completely out of sight. This means it is invisible to the world.
- Clear & Natural Sound: This device helps you to hear the clear and the natural sound and makes to enjoy everywhere you go.
Cost of lyric hearing aid: This hearing device is delivered on a subscription basis through your local lyric provider, i.e you cannot buy them. Its cost of a subscription is determined by the certified lyric provider. The cost of the device also varies according to the need. In general, the cost of subscription per pair is approximately around Rs 2,08,211 to Rs 4,16,421.
Best Invisible Hearing Aid 2018
Some of the most popular models from 2017-2018 are as follows:
Signia Silk Primax: This hearing aid is marketed to the first time buyer because of the lack of required specification, and its simplicity. Signia offers you the easyTek, which is a multifunction button and helps to connect with the Bluetooth and hangs around the user’s neck. It costs around Rs 1,38,807 for the pair with a remote.
Starkey Soundlens Synergy: This model is unique among the others because it allows a transition from unassisted hearing to the use of hearing machines. The technology used in this device has a special design that improves the clarity of the quiet sound. The cost of one pair is around Rs 1,38,807 with three -year warranty.
Phonak Virto B: It is Calibrated and shaped to the ear so that it can be fixed in the ear easily and to improve the hearing experience. This model has a variety of colors to make it more discreet. In this there are six version models for further specification, all of them costs between the Rs 1,24,926 – Rs 1,73,509.
Resound LiNX 3D LTIIC: The LiNX 3D has a full range of style with one being an invisible hearing aid. This device is also based on the size of the ear canal.
Invisible in canal (IIC) hearing aids have a smaller surface area. Thus it will lead to :
- Feedback (eg squealing, whistling of hearing aids) due to acoustic leakages.
- Work loose whilst talking and chewing, especially if you have a straight and inclined ear canal.
Need any help with Invisible Hearing Devices? Call us at our toll-free number 1800-121-4408 today or book an appointment for a FREE consultation at HearingSol and here you can also buy hearing aids at a reasonable price.