There have been incredible advances in the technologies in the last few years. Each and everyone is just trying to reduce the size of the device, to decrease the complexity, and many other factors which make the use of any device easier.
Keeping the same thing in mind many hearing devices are made which are very small in size. These devices are very small such that there are 100% invisible to the other person, that’s why called Invisible Hearing aid devices.
According to National Institutes of Health, out of every 1000 person with moderate to severe hearing loss, at least 182.5 people use a hearing aid. The manufacturers provide different types of hearing devices. Today, the hearing machines are very expensive. But every person wants the best, smallest and reliable hearing device.
One of the smallest and effective ear machines are invisible in the canal(IIC) and completely in the canals(CIC). These hearing devices are so tiny that people will not even notice your hearing aid. They are also very suitable for mild to severe deafness. However, these ear machines styles are not meant for everyone. Therefore, before buying any kind of hearing device, it is extremely important to consider pros and cons of small hearing aids with your audiologist.
What is Invisible Hearing aid?
Invisible hearing aids are the hearing devices which are very smaller in size and are very helpful for the hearing impaired people. These devices are very small that they even don’t get noticed by other people if someone wears them. Comes in different size and in a different colour to suit the taste and style of the individual wearing it. Size of such devices is very small that the person staring directly to your ears from just a feet away will struggle to see the device. Invisible hearing aid are purposely designed for the people who are slightly self-conscious about their hearing loss.
- IIC (In the Canal): it is the most discreet invisible hearing aid device which sits deep in the ear canal and probably invisible to other people.
- ITE (In the Ear): These devices has the latest digital technologies in a module casing that fits perfectly in the ear. These hearing aid devices can be visible within the ear.
Some of the best Invisible Hearing aid
Signia Silk NX
It is one of the best hearing aid devices based on the NX platform which has the best natural sound. This device is compatible with the touch control app for discreet remote control and ready for smooth trials.
Key Features :
- It is invisible and discreet.
- Smaller than its predecessor.
- Binaural OneMic directionality.
Starkey Soundlense Synergy IQ:
Starkey is renowned for the invisible hearing aid and has the excellent comfort in the ear and the sound quality. It is one of the smallest IIC’s which is suitable for the majority of ear canals. It is the only hearing aid device which is compatible with the wireless accessories. The wireless solution gives you the ability to stream TV, music and much more.
Phonak Virto B Titanium:
It is 3D printed titanium shell which means better comfort and a much smaller hearing aid device. It is based on the Belong platform which seamlessly adjusts the program depending on the listening environment.
Top 10 Hearing aid brands in India & World
Siemens is the most popular and well-liked brand in India and assured to deliver the quality sound. The range of the product is from BTE(Behind the ear) to the ITE(In the ear). The company also launched many authorized health care centres around the country to provide the services at various centres.
When it comes to the hearing aid device Axon is one of the most popular brands. A number of hearing aid products are manufactured by the company which helps to fulfil the different hearing problems. Many features like volume adjustment, amplifier adjustable are also there in these devices.
It is the only Indian manufacturer of hearing aid devices. The company supplies almost all kind of hearing aid devices. This company was established in 1967 by Mr L.K. Ojha with a vision to deliver the best and Cheapest hearing aids to the people with disabilities.
The company Starkey diverse the range of hearing aids products for the people who are disabled with any hearing problem. The foundation today works with quality and experienced professionals so that the gap between the normal people and the hearing impaired people can be reduced.
This is one of the leading manufactures of the hearing aid devices. Having health centres in almost 100 countries with handful group of 4,000 peoples. This company offers unique hearing aid with features like wireless connectivity etc.
The main aim of this company is to deliver the quality and standard in the health care system for the improvement of disabled people. There is audiologist who are working to engage hearing experience with the new technology so that best devices can be made.
It provides the best hearing care solutions and treatments in India. This company deals with the manufacturing of hearing aid devices by using the latest Technology. The Company has 175+ Hearing Care Center in India. The Company also has 5,500 hearing centres in 22 countries.
This company offers a range of digital hearing aids which are both world class and embedded with the art of technology. The company has a diverse range of collection of hearing aids which varies according to the disabilities.
Oticon is another top hearing aid devices manufacturer. It plays a key role in bridging the gap between the communication and the hearing. The company has a relevant year of experience and experts who work towards giving auditory a new style and innovation.
This company manufacturer device which provides excellent sound. It has different types of hearing aid devices which include latest digital hearing aid. It offers their divine quality of service in more than 25 countries.
Pros of Small Hearing aids
- Both CIC and IIC hearing devices deliver outstanding sound quality. In CIC ear machine, outer ear of the person is used as a funnel to support location and sound amplification. They are also are very discreet. The tiny IIC hearing machine is deeply fit in the ear canal next to the eardrum for easy sound delivery.
- Their design allows the air and sound to pass through the ear canal. Therefore, reducing the wind noise when a person is at some outdoor place.
- CIC and IIC hearing machine placement near the eardrum makes sure that less power is required for sound transfer. Resulting in the reduction of feedback sounds such as whistling noise.
- They are suitable for mild to moderate hearing impairment.
- Both hearing aids have the outstanding bass reproduction.
- Provides natural sounds for many users. The placement of the hearing devices also reduces the “occlusion effect” which can produce booming or hollow echo-like sounds.
Potential Comfort and Attractive
- Hearing aid brands provides the wireless connection to mobile phones in the small hearing devices.
- These hearing machines don’t have any wires or external tubes.
- They are also available in custom modelled and lightweight
- These hearing machines because of their tiny size, are nearly invisible.
- One can wear headphones over the hearing machine.
- Natural and Easy use of the mobile phone.
Cons of Small Hearing Aids
- In terms of strength, these hearing machines are enclosed in a thin acrylic custom made of shell. The thin size of the shell could be broken easily. Therefore, re-shelling is required which can cost $200 at one time.
- Its tiny size doesn’t allow fitting of many hearing device technologies like the directional microphone. Siemens hearing aids present Siemens’ Insio Binax 7 which uses wireless technology that improves speech understanding in noise.
- The batteries of the CIC and IIC are very small. Therefore, the battery lasts only for approximately 4 days. One needs to change batteries regularly.
- People who use these small hearing devices usually feel of blockage in the ear or Occulsion. These tiny heaving machines fill the ear like the bad flu which also increases the echo sound in the voice. If the deafness is greater than 45 dB in low frequencies then the blockage is a big problem. Providing an outlet to the ear is also not possible as the size of the vent is according to the size of the person’s ear.
- The controls of the device are nearly impossible to see. People with vision difficulty usually have a problem in using such tiny hearing machines.
- These small hearing machines are not suitable in hot, oily or wet conditions. Therefore, requires constant repairing to compare other hearing aids.
- They are also suitable for everyone’s ear canal. People who have differently shaped ear or other than the normal are not able to wear these small hearing aids.
- Requires excess cleaning, care, and maintenance for long-term use.
World’s first Invisible Hearing aid
Nanoplug was the world’s first invisible hearing aid designed by an international research team. It is very small in size and almost unnoticeable. The development of the Nanoplug hearing aid was made possible by the nanotechnology.
- It Comprises a small battery and other micro-components.
- Dimensions of nano plug areas: 7.1mm x 5.7mm x 4.17mm.
- World researchers invented that there are no toxic chemicals inside the battery of the nano plug.
- It doesn’t cover the ear canal totally.
- It can be removed by using the provided tool.
How to choose the right Hearing Aid?
For choosing a right hearing machine, consult an audiologist or a hearing health professional. There are different kinds of people with different ear structure and with varying hearing loss. Different hearing machine suits different people, for example, those who want behind the ear hearing aid use receiver in the canal(RIC). Or receiver in the ear(RITE) as their small size is very comfortable when worn. They come in different colours and also contains nearly invisible tube. They are best for those who have severe deafness. These lightweight hearing devices are easy to handle.
Different hearing aid brands such as Phonak, Widex, Starkey, Resound which offers many types of hearing device style suitable for each and every person. There are many options available in larger hearing machines such as Phonak’s Vitro V – MC or Widex Dream hearing aid with true input technology.
There are also other ear machines such as Siemens Aquarius waterproof hearing machine which is very convenient to use in every weather condition. And some devices offer advanced wireless and Bluetooth technology such as Starkey Wi Series which offers one-touch sweep technology.
Depending on your lifestyle, budget, environment and your audiologist advice buy a hearing machine. On the advice of health care professional take a hearing test before making any decision of purchasing a hearing aid.
Design of best small hearing aid
When the point of the design of any device comes the size, weight all these thing matters. The hearing aid should be smaller. CIC (Completely in Canal) are the devices which go completely in the ear canal, which makes it virtually invisible to the eyes. It generally has a small handle which makes removal and placement simple.
Invisible hearing aid price India
Here we describe the price list of different type of hearing aid devices in the tabular form which is as follows:
|Model||Type||Battery Size||Channel||Gain||Fitting Range||Total Programs||MRP (INR)|
|Virto Q 90 nano||ITC||10||20||S=46 M=50||0-85||5+7+0||2,54,000|
|Bolero Q 90 M(IP 67)||BTE||13||20||67||0-95||5+7+#||2,38,000|
|Bolero Q 90 SP||BTE||13||20||75||0-120||5+7+#||2,38,000|
|Bolero Q 90 P||BTE||13||20||71||0-110||5+7+#||2,38,000|
|Naida Q 90 UP||BTE||675||20||85||30-120||5+7+#||2,03,000|
|Family||Description||Fitting Bands||Fitting range||Battery||MRP(INR)|
|Swift||Swift 70 BTE||AFC||80||13/270||Rs 9,800|
|GO PRO||GO PRO CIC||4||85||312/145||Rs 17,500|
|TEGO||TEGO D BTE VC||4||90||13/220||Rs 30,000|
|GET||GET CIC||4||80||10/100||Rs 27,000|
|HIT||HIT D ITC||4||85||312/140||Rs 40,000|
|Model||Type||Battery Size||Max. BatteryLife(In hrs)|
|Bravo B2||BTE||13||375||20-80dBHL||2channels , 2bands||13000.00|
|Bravissimo BV-8||BTE||13||450||20-80dBHL||Advance entry level Digital Hearing Aids||20000.00|
|Real RE-9||BTE||13||370||10-90 dBHL||Latest technological development with Integrated signal processing ,||30000.00|
|Bravo B32||High Power BTE||675||500||50 – 120 dB HL||Bravo B2 Seriers Features||20,000.00|
|Flash FL-CIC||CIC||10||120||0-75 dB HL||programmed upto 10KHZ in RIC||40000.00|
|Wi Series i110||CIC / ITC / ITE||0 – 90 dB||Designed for Vibrant Lifestyle, SoundPoint, 100% Wireless, Premium Binaural Spatial mapping, Live 3D Speech mapping, iQ Boost, Synchronized User Adjustments, Binaural Telephone Mode, T2 on Demand,Premium Voce iQ2, Invision Directionality, PureWave Feedback Eliminator, Self Chek, Swap Fit, Live Real Ear Measurement, Self Learning,Spectral iQ, Compatible with all SurfLink Accessories, Optinium High-resolution sound imaging,||Rs 217000|
|CIC / ITC / ITE Exp New||0 – 110 dB||Rs 232000|
|RIC||0 – 90 dB||Rs 213000|
|RIC AP||0 – 110 dB||Rs 218000|
|Pocket Models||MRP (INR)|
|LOTUS 12 P BTE||7390.00|
|ITC LOTUS 23||12990.00|
Lyric is the smallest style of hearing aid. This device manages to fit all the electronics in a very small container that fits directly into your ear and is much smaller than the other hearing devices.
- Benefits of Lyric:
- 100% Invisible: This device is placed in the ear canal, and remains completely out of sight. Means it is invisible to the world.
- Clear & Natural Sound: This device helps you to hear the clear and the natural sound and makes to enjoy everywhere you go.
- Cost of lyric hearing aid: This hearing aid device is delivered on a subscription basis through your local lyric provider, i.e you cannot buy them. Its cost of subscription is determined by the certified lyric provider. The cost of the device also varies according to the need
Best Invisible Hearing aid 2018
Some of the most popular models from 2017-2018 are as follows:
- Signia Silk Primax: This hearing aid is marketed to the first time buyer because of the lack of required specification, and its simplicity. Signia offers you the easyTek, which is a multifunction button and helps to connect with the Bluetooth and hangs around the user’s neck. It costs around $2,000 for the pair with a remote.
- Starkey Soundlens Synergy: This hearing aid is unique among the others hearing aid because it allows a transition from unassisted hearing to the use of hearing aids. The technology used in the device has a special design that improves the clarity of the quiet sound. Cost of one pair is around $2,000 with three -year warranty.
- Phonak Virto B: It is Calibrated and shaped to the ear so that it can be fixed in the ear easily and to improve the hearing experience. This hearing aid has a variety of colours to make it more discreet. In this there are six version models for further specification, all of them costs between the $1,800 – $ 2,500.
- Resound LiNX 3D LTIIC: The LiNX 3D has a full range of hearing aid style with one being an invisible hearing aid. This device is also based on the size of the ear canal.