ITC (In the canal) hearing aids are visibly larger in size than other types of devices like IIC and CIC. Also, Due to its enough big size, this aid even has a longer battery life than other similar kinds of models. These listening tools are contained in tiny cases. Because of its small case, it fit partly or completely into the ear canal.
It is always best to talk about your own individual requirements with an audiologist or hearing care professional (1800-121-4408) to make sure you are using the right hearing aid.
ITC (In the canal) hearing aids
What is noteworthy in these aids? it is that they are immensely easy to insert and remove into your ear. They are appropriate for mild to moderate type of hearing loss. These listening tools are popularly denoted as Mini ITC hearing aids. Because they give better accessibility to old people as they can control their features of it on their own.
The best part or advantage is that only a small portion of the hearing machine shows in the outer side of the ear. They are extremely comfortable and very easy to use in daily life. As their size is bigger, they have an extra benefit over other small size hearings aids with features like directional microphones.
With the help of directional microphones, these devices tend to work better in noisy places. Also, this equipment has proper volume controls buttons on the surface attached to it. so that you can easily control the intensity of sound according to your need of hearing impairment. Any individual wearing these devices is guaranteed to develop better listening skills to them.
ITC (In the canal) Hearing Aids Features
ITC (In the canal) hearing aids machines are a little larger in the size than a mini-canal (MC) hearing aids. These devices are specially designed and sculptured to proper fit into the lower third of your external (outer) ear which is called cavum concha in medical terminology. Extraction cords can be fitted to ITC hearing aids to help insert and remove them from the ear. hence you do not need to make any extra effort for removing the device from your ear canal. You can just pull the cord and the aid will come outside on its own.
The ITC (In the canal) hearing aids is used as a size 312 (Brown) hearing aid battery. Although the typical lifespan of a size 312 battery is between 5 to 7 days. But this time of lifespan can vary depending upon the number of hours the device is used per day. Or they are worn by the user for how long a period of time in a day. Also on the severity of the level of hearing loss of the wearer and the technology level which is used within the hearing aid it depends.
Other features of ITC include:
Besides these features which we have discussed above, there are some of the other main feature of ITC (In the canal) hearing aids, which let you familiar with the other hidden qualities of this listening equipment are as follows:
- ITC-style hearing aids are custom-made.
- An impression is taken of your ear canal and its surrounding area.
- Variety of color options available in these aids.
- It is the most popular form factor within custom hearing aids.
- ITC hearing aids are smaller than ITE listening aids.
- But these kinds of device is larger than CIC hearing aids.
- These tools tend to fill roughly the half area of your ear.
- ITC models are usually visible to other people some time.
- They do come in a range of skin-matching colors which make them difficult to spot.
- If someone is looking directly into your ear then only they can see it.
- They generally tend to have a bigger battery, which means longer battery life.
- Lightweight in nature, medium size, the unique design offered.
- These qualities of hearing aids make them an ideal choice for customers.
ITC (In the canal) hearing aids Benefits
The key benefit of wearing a hearing aid is that it enhances your capabilities of listening to the sounds in your surroundings. For doing so it increases the intensity of the sound waves it collected from nearby you, and then release them back into your ear canal. Hence the sound which seems poor to you before now becomes crisp and clear. So that you can hear them easily and effectively than before.
Other main benefits of the ITC hearing aid model are as follows :
- ITC hearing aid is much more powerful than its small size capable of.
- Therefore, it suggests and typically suitable for mild to severe impairment.
- Also, it benefits you in a profound type of hearing loss problem.
- This hearing aid is ideal for somebody with other difficulties.
- Those who have limited dexterity as well as a reduced vision.
- In the canal hearing aids are equipped with dual-microphones.
- Which means it can help to improve speech understanding in noise.
- The hearing aid is available in both wirelesses as well as in telecoil options.
- ITC hearing aid has wireless functionality, which can connect with smartphones.
- It can streams your phone calls and music directly to the hearing aids.
They have increased surface area which means they are likely to have :
- Feedback problem (e.g. whistling in hearing aid) due to an acoustic leakage.
- They easily get loose while talking and chewing continuously for some time.
- Especially it occurs if you have a straight and inclined ear canal shape.
Price of ITC (In the canal) hearing aids
The amount which you are paying for any of the hearing aid depends upon the various factors. These can affect the range of money you have to pay and plays a major role when it puts a load into your pocket. Because what kind of features, service, and comfort you are seeking for decides the actual amount of it.
Hence there is a vast range of ITC hearing aid that comes in low to high price range. Therefore the price of ITC (In the canal) hearing aids may vary as per different models and companies. Generally, It ranges from approx Rs 10,500 per unit up to Rs 2,50,000 per unit.
The following models are available of (In the canal hearing aids) ITC hearing aids :
Here we are providing a list of some ITC models, which may give you a round figure of the amount you need to spend for a particular model you want. These are as follows :
- D03-XP – Rs 16,000/-
- D05-XP – Rs 20,000/-
- U1-XP – Rs 65,000/-
- U2-XP – Rs 1,15,000/-
- U3-XP – Rs 1,80,000/-
- U4-XP – Rs 2,70,000/-
ITC Hearing Aid Limitations
Though ITC hearing aids are very useful it has limitations too. You have to consider these limitations before buying them. Also, it will give you an idea of what kind of device and features you are looking for.
These are as follows :
- ITC hearing aid is not as discreet as invisible in the canal (IIC) and completely in the canal (CIC) hearing aids.
- Slight loss of natural acoustics provided by the external ear (pinna) that help with localizing the direction of sound from in front and behind you.
- The telephone receiver needs to be held in a slightly unnatural position over the front microphone.
- As with all custom hearing aids, ITC hearing aids may need to be ‘re-shelled’ from time to time since the ear canal cartilage can change shape and size. This is not covered under the warranty and will require new ear impressions.
- If you are thinking to buy a pair of ITC (In the canal) hearing aids, they may produce feedback in these situations.
- As the electronic components of ITC (In the canal) hearing aids, they are susceptible to damage from ear wax and moisture. You should receive a set of brushes and other tools to help you in your ITC hearing aid cleaning and keeping it in good working order.
Through HearingSol you can buy the best hearing aids at affordable prices. Limited offers only. So Hurry up! For any queries or issues just give us a call on 1800-121-4408 or schedule a visit. We are always glad to help you.