To maintain the efficiency of hearing aid batteries. We need to store hearing aid batteries in a proper manner. The hearing aid batteries are available in 4 standard sizes 10, 13, 312 and 675 and Each number has a correlating color to remember and choose correct size hearing aid batteries.
You can purchase the latest hearing aids at a fair price through HearingSol, If you need more information or you have a query about Hearing Aid Batteries or Hearing Loss, just give us a call on +91-9899437202. We are always here to help you.
Hearing aids have proved life-changing for many, but they are unable to help is they are not having the battery power which they need to keep working. Only hearing aid wearers have the idea about that beeping noise, it is better for them to have a spare pack of batteries handy.
If you want the extra battery life then don’t remove the tab until you’re ready to use the batteries, Leave the hearing aid battery door open when not in use. Store the battery at room temperature. They have a long shelf life of about 4 years if stored properly by the user.
Typically hearing aid battery lasts between 3-7 days, factors on which it depends are:
- Size and type of hearing aid you have
- Size and type of battery
- The time which you spend using your device daily
- The technology level of the device
- Kind of environment in which you live,
- The manner in which you take care of your battery
Lifespan of Battery
The person suffering from the degree of hearing loss will impact the total amount of amplification a hearing aid provides. If the level of hearing loss is more, the hearing aid will provide more amplification. The increased amount of current hearing aid requires decreases battery life.
The use of wireless streaming from the digital hearing aid to another device like a smartphone can also shorten the lifespan of the battery. Low temperature also results in lower battery life. The zinc battery requires oxygen to work. So less oxygen can result in shorter battery life.
Various Things that we need to know to store hearing aid batteries:
- When you are dealing with new batteries do not remove their plastic cover until you are ready to use them. If you remove plastic tabs than they are activated by air because batteries are powered by zinc-air.
- You need to store hearing aid batteries at room temperature and avoid contact with a metallic object such as coins, keys it may cause a short circuit.
- At the time of replacing hearing aid batteries, you need to wash your hands thoroughly. Because grease and dust damage the hearing aid batteries.
- Remove the plastic tab on the back of the battery and leave it four 1 minute. It allows the battery to take in enough air to power up before playing in hearing aid.
- When you do not need to use hearing aid turned off and place it in the safe spot and left battery door open. This step allows to minimize battery drain and allow moisture to escape. If you’re not using a hearing aid for long period remove the battery entirely.