Completely in the canal hearing aids are slightly bigger than the invisible aids; they fit neatly inside the canal and are also nearly invisible. A small cord is used to insert and remove this aid. They are right for mild to moderate hearing loss and showcase high cosmetic appeal as they find to spot them when worn. CIC fits completely within the ear canal. Because of its custom-made nature, audiologists or hearing aid professionals take an ear canal impression of an individual to create an ideally fitted hearing aid.
Completely in the canal (CIC) is one of the most loved types of hearing aids chosen by hearing aid wearers as it fully enhances their hearing experience. This type of hearing aid is custom-made to fit completely inside the ear canal. Only the tip part of a small plastic “handle” visible outside the canal, which is mainly used for insert and remove the instrument.
If you suspect any type of hearing loss, the very first step is to consult hearing care professional right away. Give us a call on our toll-free 1800-121-4408.
Completely in the Canal (CIC) Hearing Aid Features
Before the launch of invisible in the canal (IIC) hearing aids, completely in canal hearing aids (CIC) were the smallest custom hearing aids available. They are designed and sculptured to fit almost entirely inside your ear canal (external auditory meatus) and are therefore almost invisible, with only the faceplate and battery drawer usually visible.
Extraction cords are usually fitted to CIC hearing aids to help insert and remove them from the ear. CIC hearing aids house size 10 (Yellow) battery. The typical lifespan of a size 10 battery is between 3-5 days, but this can vary depending upon the number of hours per day the hearing aid is worn, the severity of hearing loss and the technology level of hearing aid. The plastic wire is necessary to enable you to pull the hearing aid out of your ear – it sits too far down the canal for you to be able to pull it out without the wire.
Thus CIC hearing aid has the following features :
- Virtually undetectable
- For mild to moderately severe hearing loss
- Custom-made for you
- Longer working life
- 2 years international warranty
CIC Hearing Aids Brands and Models
Following models of CIC hearing aids are available which is widely used :
- Century Rosebud
- Century Qleaf Pro
- Siemens Nitro
- Starkey S Series
- Oticon GO
- Resound Live Phonak Milo
If you are from India and want to know about the prices and features of these models, read our page Hearing Aids price list in India.
CIC Hearing Aids Cost
CIC hearing aids generally within the Rs 89,827-Rs 20,7294 marks. The price, like any other hearing aids, is dependent on the brand as well as the place from where you get the hearing aids from.
Price of CIC may vary as per different models and company. It ranges from approx. Rs.10500 per unit up to Rs. 250000 per unit.
Completely-in-the-canal (CIC) hearing aids are the smallest on the market. They fit entirely in the ear canal, and cost between Rs 10,365 and more than Rs 3,45,490. Face like offers a basic CIC hearing aid for under Rs 10,365. Siemens offers a CIC version of the Nitro 16, for about Rs 3,45,490.
Benefits of CIC Hearing Aids
- It is of small size and low profile.
- Though it has a small size, it is more powerful and suitable for severe/profound hearing loss.
- Completely in the canal hearing aids (CIC) are available in both wireless and telecoil options.
- The location of the microphone in the ear canal, as opposed to behind the ear, helps with using the telephone.
- The preservation of the natural acoustics provided by the external ear (pinna) that help with localizing the direction of sound from in front and behind you.
Limitations of CIC Hearing aids
- Completely in the canal (CIC) hearing aids are equipped with a single Omni-directional microphone that is sensitive to sounds arriving from all around you. Subsequently, they are not always best equipped for when hearing in the presence of background noise.
- Your ear anatomy like the shape and size of the ear canal must be of a certain shape and size so that the components of CIC hearing aids fit properly in your ear.
- Completely in the canal hearing aids (CIC) will not help if you have poor vision or manual dexterity.
- Microphone port, which is located near the ear canal entrance may damage due to an accumulation of wax. Thus it requires intensive care and maintenance. Thus you should receive a set of brushes and other tools to help you keep your CIC hearing aids clean and in good working order.
- Smaller surface area may cause feedback (e.g. whistling in hearing aid) due to acoustic leakage. It may work loose whilst talking and chewing, especially if you have a straight and inclined ear canal shape.
- As the ear canal cartilage can change shape and size, CIC hearing aids may need to be re-shelled from time to time. It is not covered under the warranty and will require new ear impressions.
- You may find that completely in the canal (CIC) hearing aids are the most expensive of all the models available. They are the least powerful due to their small size.
You can get the latest hearing aids at a fair price through HearingSol. To know more such information, browse our website. Or if you need any help with Hearing Aid Devices, feel free to call us on our toll-free 1800-121-4408, or book an appointment for a FREE consultation for hearing aids at HearingSol clinic.