CIC devices are one of the most loved types among hearing aids chosen by ear machine wearers as this equipment can fully enhance the hearing experience of listening to the sounds of those persons who wear it. Because this type of machine is custom made hearing aid to fit completely inside the ear canal. Only the tip part of a small plastic handle is least visible outside the ear canal, which is mainly used to insert and remove the instrument from your ear.
If you suspect any type of hearing loss, the very first step is to consult hearing care professional right away. Give us a call on our toll-free 1800-121-4408.
Why Completely in the Canal (CIC) Hearing Aids?
Completely in the canal hearing aids are slightly bigger than the invisible aids. Because they do not get deep into the ear canal but they fit neatly inside the user’s ear canal. These kinds of hearing aids are also nearly invisible. A small cord is used to insert and remove this listening aid. These devices are very advanced and work better for mild to moderate levels of hearing loss.
Also, this equipment can showcase high cosmetic appeal because it’s hard to find them or spot them when worn by you. Completely in the canal (CIC) hearing aids fits completely within the ear canal. Because of this devices’ custom-made nature, audiologists or hearing aid professionals take an ear canal impression of an individual person to create an ideally fitted hearing machine for those.
Completely in the Canal Hearing Aids Features
Before the launch of invisible in the canal (IIC) hearing aid, completely in canal (CIC) hearing aids were the smallest custom made hearing devices available in the market. Because they are designed and sculptured to fit almost entirely inside your ear canal (external auditory meatus). Therefore these devices are almost invisible but not completely because there are only the faceplate and battery drawers usually visible to others.
But anyone has to look carefully inside your ear to see it due to its color. Extraction cords used in this type of listening machines are usually fitted to CIC to help insert and remove them from the ear. CIC uses a size 10 (Yellow) hearing aids battery. The typical lifespan of a size 10 button cell or battery is between 3-5 days but this lifespan can vary in some conditions.
It is depending upon those number of hours per day the hearing machine is used and worn by the user. Also on the severity of hearing loss and the technology level used in the hearing aid. The plastic wire is necessary to enable you to pull them out of your ear. Because this device can insert too far down in the canal. So it becomes a little hard for you to be able to pull it out without the wire.
Thus CIC hearing aid has the following features :
- Virtually undetectable to others
- For mild to moderately severe hearing loss
- Custom-made design
- Fulfill the user’s need
- Very User-friendly
- Highly comfortable
- Longer working life
- 2 years international warranty
Providers of CIC Hearing Aids
When we talk about the brand of these wide varieties of hearing aid devices, few of the brands are most popular and famous due to their quality of the product, ease of use, value for money equipment, and service they provided to their customers. This builds trust and reliability to the users on their products. As there are different kinds of hearing aid devices brands and manufacturers are available in the market.
Therefore most of this good-quality of Completely in the canal (CIC) hearing aids are coming from the following brands/manufacturers :
All these brands are providers of custom-molded Completely in the canal (CIC) hearing aids. Also, these brands have different models of this kind of listening machine available.
Following models of CIC hearing aids are available which is widely used :
- Century Rosebud
- Century Qleaf Pro
- Siemens Nitro
- Starkey S Series
- Oticon GO
- Resound Live Phonak Milo
If you are from India and want to know about the prices and features of these models, you can easily get all the required details about these from our page Hearing Aids price list in India.
Cost of CIC Hearing Machine
Generally, these types of hearing aid devices cost within the Rs 89,827 to Rs 2,07,294 marks to the pocket of the user. Because like any other ear machine the market price of these types is dependent on the brand as well as the different places from where you can get the hearing aids from.
The cost comparison of ear machines is needed because of CIC variation and its model may vary as per different Styles and companies. Although Completely in the canal (CIC), hearing aids price ranges from approx Rs 10500 per unit up to Rs 250000 per unit.
Completely-in-the-canal (CICs) are the smallest on the market. They fit entirely in the ear canal, and cost between Rs 10,365 and more than Rs 3,45,490. Face like offers a basic CIC hearing machine for under Rs 10,365. Siemens offers a CIC version of the Nitro 16, for about Rs 3,45,490.
Benefits of CIC Hearing Machine
The benefits provided by this kind of hearing equipment are usually numerous and more than other cheap models. this is also a reason for the price behind this device. After using this the wearer can have a vast variety of features, and can also feel the immense experience of listening to sounds.
Besides these, there are some other benefits of this equipment as follows :
- It is of small size and low profile listening device.
- Though it has a small size, this is more powerful.
- It is very suitable for severe to profound hearing loss.
- Completely in the canal hearing aids (CIC) has advanced features.
- This aid is available in both wireless and telecoil options.
- The location of the microphone is in the ear canal.
- This is as opposed to behind the ear (BTE) model.
- So it helps the person while longer talks on the phone.
- Easily can use the telephone while wearing a hearing aid.
- The preservation of the natural acoustics provided by the external ear (pinna).
- This natural acoustics help with localizing the direction of the sound.
- Hence the user is able to know that the voice is coming from in front and behind him.
Limitations of CIC Hearing aids
There are a few limitations of this device is as follows :
- They are equipped with a single Omni-directional microphone that is sensitive to sounds arriving from all around you.
- Subsequently, they are not always best equipped for when hearing in the presence of background noise.
- Your ear anatomy like the shape and size of the ear canal must be of a certain shape and size so that the components of CIC fit properly in your ear.
- They will not help if you have poor vision or manual dexterity.
- The microphone port, which is located near the ear canal entrance may damage due to an accumulation of wax. Thus it requires intensive care and maintenance.
- Thus you should receive a set of brushes and other tools to help you keep your CIC hearing aids clean and in good working order.
- Smaller surface area may cause feedback (e.g. whistling in hearing aid) due to acoustic leakage.
- It may work loose whilst talking and chewing, especially if you have a straight and inclined ear canal shape.
- As the ear canal cartilage can change shape and size, CIC hearing aids may need to be re-shelled from time to time. It is not covered under the warranty and will require new ear impressions.
- You may find that completely in the canal (CIC) hearing aids are the most expensive of all the models available. They are the least powerful due to their small size.
You can get the latest hearing aids at a fair price through HearingSol. To know more such information, browse our website. Or if you need any help with Hearing Aid Devices, feel free to call us on our toll-free 1800-121-4408, or book an appointment for a FREE consultation for hearing aids at the HearingSol clinic.