Full Shell or ITE (In The Ear) hearing aids is one of the great kind in the variety of hearing aid devices available in the market nowadays. Because it comfortably fits in the external ear of the wearer. Hence, it is suitable for people with all types of hearing loss problems. This type of device can be designed for an individual to fit exactly in their ear comfortably.
You can purchase the latest hearing aids at a fair price through HearingSol, If you need any assistance or you have a query regarding Full Shell In The Ear (ITE) Hearing Aid or Hearing Loss, feel free to call us at 1800-121-4408. We are always here to help you.
Why Choose ITE Hearing Aids?
These devices can be equipped with external switches too according to your specifications and need. This facility making them simple and easy to use for almost every person. Look wise, this variety of the heating machine is larger of size, than the in-the-canal and completely-in-the-canal aids and cover the outer area of the ear.
Because of this, this model is visible to others if they near to you. Although, Their slightly bigger style gives them a broad surface to hold over the most number of additional controls and features. This facility does not come in small size listening devices, such as directional microphones. This feature tends to take over the device’s outer portion space.
Since these types of equipment are also very flexible. Therefore health care advisers recommend them to people who are dealing with mild to severe hearing loss types. ITE (In The Ear) hearing aids convenient controls to make it an appropriate choice for people of all ages, the younger generation in particular.
Features of ITE Ear Machine
These In-the-ear hearing aids are the largest type of all custom made hearing machines. They are designed and sculptured to fit either half area of your external ear (cavum concha) or the entire part of the external ear (cavum and cymbal concha). Extraction cords can also be fitted to ITE hearing aids to help you insert and remove them from the ear comfortably.
These hearing machines have used the size 13 of (Orange colored) hearing aid battery. The typical lifespan of a size 13 battery is around in between 10 to 14 days. But this lifespan of this button cell can vary depending upon the number of hours per day used by the user and how long the hearing device is worn, also the severity of hearing loss and the technology level is used in the hearing aid plays a major role.
ITE (In The Ear) hearing aids come in two custom made and individually fitted styles. The less obvious of the two ITEs rest in the lower part of your ear – the part that resembles half of a shell. The other variation of these devices fills most of the bowl-shaped area in your outer ear. They help with mild to moderate hearing loss.
Thus ITE (In The Ear) hearing aids have the following features:
- The larger size makes handling easier.
- Thus it is also easy to adjust the device.
- It used for mild to severe hearing loss.
- Also, this is Custom-made only for you.
- It has a variety of color options available.
- Few features don’t fit in a smaller style.
- Such as the volume control feature of it.
- They have the largest battery life and size.
- This is good as compared to smaller styles.
- The fit is very flexible to a larger receiver.
- It has ample power for severe hearing loss.
- Xposed positioning style causes a problem.
- It is a resulting susceptibility to wind noise.
- It depends on the models offered by various manufacturers.
- ITE offers far better control over wind interference than others.
Benefits of ITE Listening devices
There are the following features available in this kind of listening device such as :
- In The Ear hearing aids are very powerful.
- It is suitable for profound hearing loss.
- This is helpful if you have limited dexterity.
- People with reduced vision can also use it.
- Thus suitable for those who wear glasses.
- Its dual microphones help while listening.
- It improves speech understanding in noise.
- These aids are more comfortable to wear.
- You can use it during sports and activities.
- The larger size ITE means more options.
- Thus it can contain more manual controls.
- Such as a program control, volume button.
- This device has a more powerful speaker.
- Also, it has a large, longe lasting battery.
- It’s available in wireless & telecoil options.
- Many models can be connected wirelessly.
- Due to its wireless availability features.
- Easily connect to electronic devices.
- Such as mobile phones and smart TV sets.
- ITE has an increased surface, broad area.
- So they are less likely to produce feedback.
- A whistling sound due to acoustic leakage.
- So there will be less work loss problems.
- Which arise whilst talking and chewing.
- Especially if you have a straight and inclined ear canal shape.
Long-term benefits of using ITE hearing assistance are :
- It gives you improved career performance.
- Improves overall ability to communicate.
- Also, improves your cognitive abilities.
- Including memory and reasoning skills.
- A decrease in Tinnitus (a ringing sound).
- This high-pitched tone cause hearing loss.
- Increased level of happiness.
Limitations of ITE Hearing Aids
ITE (In the ear) is not as discreet as Invisible in the canal (IIC) and completely in canal (CIC) hearing machines. There can be a slight loss of natural acoustics provided by the external ear (pinna) that help with localizing the direction of sound from in front and behind you.
While wearing these hearing aids, the telephone receiver needs to be held in a slightly unnatural position over the front microphone. As with all custom hearing aids, ITE devices may need to be ‘re-shelled’ from time to time since the ear canal cartilage can change shape and size. This is not covered under the warranty and will require new ear impressions.
These custom hearing aids are more susceptible to air, wax, moisture and they can damage the microphone. Thus it needs intensive care and maintenance. You should receive a set of brushes and other tools to help you keep your ITE aid clean and in good working order.
Various brands provide ITE (In The Ear) hearing aids, including:
As long as history remains considered, Starkey has a variety of innovation and named itself, by bringing firsts in-canal hearing aid, also be the maker of fully programmable invisible hearing aid. As we know the Starkey is an American manufacturer of hearing aids products. which is based in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Due to the continuous efforts of this company, it becomes the well-known face of the emerging hearing aid industry.
The innovation used in ALPS is unique and it empowers the people around the globe in different countries so that it provides the best hearing solutions in the world. The modern range of these digital hearing aids is the example of state of the art technology it also embedded world-class designs. ALPS contributes to the hearing aid industry with a wide variety of technology and styles. Products are developed emphasizing to influence design, for any type of hearing loss levels. which means the user will get the benefits from new technology and features.
Signia is a well-renowned hearing aid manufacturer and provides a huge variety of different hearing aid. which gives the people the great experience of listening to sound ever before.
Widex is one of the leading hearing aid company which is privately-owned, by two families of the founders, based in Denmark. The focus of Widex is on the complete and innovative development of hearing aid. in terms of technology, so that they can make the devices even better than before. If any of us will take a glance at history a few years before, they will see that Widex company was highly in demand due to their variety of hearing aids. These aids are reliable and also Widex is listed as the world’s 6th largest hearing aid manufacturer.
The history of ReSound hearing aids is started in the late ’90s. This emerging hearing aid company was established in 1943 in Denmark. Dr. Rodney Perkins was the founder of this manufacturing firm. Then It became a part of GN Group which is a global leader in intelligent audio solutions. The main goal of the ReSound hearing aids is to provide ease of service while being an effective roleplayer in the life of those people who are disappointed with their hearing loss.
The Phonak hearing aid company is owned by Swiss-based Sonova Group. Phonak hearing solution products can be found in more than 100 countries. Therefore, the company creates easy-to-use as well as technologically advanced hearing aids. The aids of Phonak company aim people to recognize how hearing is important for enjoying their life. Hence it gives you the immense experience of listening to sounds.
Prices of In The Ear Hearing Aids
ITE (In The Ear) hearing aids are available from all major hearing aid manufacturers. Like all hearing machines, regardless of style, the price of your hearing device will depend most on its technology level. Also, it depends on the accessories you choose to buy with it.
The price of ITE may vary as per different models and companies. Thus the cost comparison of this type can help you to find a better device. It ranges from approx. Rs. 10500 per unit up to Rs. 240000 per unit. You must have a deep comparison of reviews and features.
If you need any kind of help or suggestion or advice related to hearing aids, you can book an appointment or you can call on our toll-free number 1800-121-4408. We will be happy to guide you.