Tiny silver batteries are the unsung heroes behind the hearing aids that you buy and change. Without these batteries, any hearing aid technology cannot run. If the batteries of your hearing devices get damaged then they becomes nothing but expensive earplugs. Unsung heroes, hearing aid batteries are sometimes really unexciting. Every year new features are an add-on to the hearing device.
You can purchase the latest hearing aids at a fair price through HearingSol, If you need any assistance or you have a query regarding Rechargeable Hearing Aid or Hearing Loss, feel free to call us at +91-9899437202. We are always here to help you.
New Generation Rechargeable Hearing Aids
Rechargeable hearing machines are the new invention in this field. It works similarly like a battery but the difference is you can charge your actual device rather than charging batteries at night like your smartphone.
The rechargeable hearing device comes with the pod which works as a charger for them you just have to put down your hearing machine in the pod and it will automatically start charging your device. It will take 2 to 3 hours to completely charge your device and then you can use them normally in the daytime.
You also can carry the pod when you’re in a hurry, it will save your time and it doesn’t need to replace the hearing aid battery when it’s low. You will free yourself from the hassles of disposable batteries which makes your life easier. In the market, there are two types of rechargeable hearing aids technology arrived. Lithium-Ion and silver zinc. Both offer the excellent per day charging backup and other convenience for the user but both technology having some benefits and limitations.
Disposable vs Rechargeable Hearing Aids Batteries – What to Choose?
Disposable Hearing Aid Battery
A disposable hearing aid battery is a hassle for hearing machine users because it creates lots of difficulties and wastes so much time to replace the battery in them. Previously their battery was made from mercury but they are called “zinc Air” as these disposable hearing machine batteries need oxygen to begin activation. Hearing aid battery size 312 disposable, has a time duration lies in the middle of 3 to 12 days, which overall makes a hundred batteries over a year.
Also, before its operation, you also need to remove the sticky tag from the batteries back in order to expose it to the air. It implies that as soon as you remove the tag, the hearing machine battery will start losing its power whether you use the hearing machine or not. The battery keeps on draining.
Read more – Are hearing aid batteries 312 and 312A the same?
Rechargeable Hearing Aid Battery
In a rechargeable battery, you will have lots of advantages compared to a disposable hearing machine. You only need to replace the battery once a year. Although, the cost of rechargeable hearing aid battery is more compared to the disposable batteries. But, the energy quality is superior as it holds the maximum charge to give portable charging without any need to continue plugging into the wall.
Why Should You Choose Rechargeable Hearing Aid?
Suppose you are in a hurry to get your work, you already so late. Your hearing machines indicate the battery is low and you’ve to replace the battery right now for further use and you don’t have the left batteries.
This is only a waste of time and creates more problems in your daily life but in case of a rechargeable hearing aid battery, you don’t worry about the replacement of the batteries and all.
It is easy to use and recharge, you can easily charge your device at night and it gives you the all-day-long power backup. You don’t need to spend money on batteries and it saves your time as well.
Some key factors that you should choose rechargeable hearing aids:
Ease of Use
Rechargeable digital hearing machines are easy to use compared to the traditional hearing aid machine as it consumes more time in replacing them after its power gets finished. Also, you need to spend extra time on disposing of the old batteries.
Usually, people who have some medical conditions such as diabetic neuropathy, Parkinson’s disease, arthritis sometimes feel fingertip numbness or decreased dexterity, so rechargeable hearing aids are the best option available for them. You also need to spend your precious time on buying new batteries each time you went out of stock of disposable batteries.
Better quality of life
A hearing aid battery affects your life quality to a great extent as there can be lots of instances when can battery dies at the important time of your life. And nobody wants to lose the important opportunities in their life just because of the battery lifetime.
Moreover, there are many places such as a restaurant or dark restaurant where their small size makes it immensely difficult to change. The degree of hearing loss also affects the extent of the battery work to amplify sound to a normal audible level. There are other factors such as altitude, humidity, and battery storage practices that impact the battery’s life.
Cost of rechargeable hearing aids
When you going to buy rechargeable hearing devices it will cost you a price of $ 50 but this rechargeable hearing aid price will save your money in the near future. Therefore, in case you try to shop carefully than for around the year cost will probably be the same as the batteries.
Lithium-ion batteries are much more environmentally friendly than the older mercury batteries, they still contain metals that can be harmful to our environment. Hearing aid batteries can be recycled.
Everyone is complaining about the batteries that they have to change the battery at the regular interval of time that may create the difficulty for the users.
The rechargeable batteries never need to be replaced they just insert the hearing aids into an easy to use the recharging unit at night.
A Full Day of Use
A new product provides around 24 hours of use time. Also, it provides daylong power in the same familiar hearing aids form factor.
Types of Rechargeable Hearing Aids
There are two types of rechargeable hearing devices, both have their weakness and strengths. Depending on the charging, life expectancy, and safety types. Some of the hearing devices are listed below:
Lithium-ion batteries are used almost rechargeable portable devices such as cameras, mobile phones, laptops, cars, power tools, etc. The lithium-ion technology provides the faster charging and long-lasting use of battery and lithium-ion batteries provide more power than earlier rechargeable solutions for hearing aids that were based on Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) technology. NiMH solutions suffered from shorter battery life and less stable power output.
Features and Problems
- Easy charging: You have to put down your hearing device into the charger, and take off the hearing aids when you need it.
- 24 Hours of backup: Lithium-ion gives up to 24 hours backup on continuous use.
- Safety: Lithium-ion is a poison and hearing aids are small enough to swallow, which is the menace for the young children and baby.
- Sealed case: If it runs out of power while still in use. The hearing aid cannot run on a normal disposable battery. When a lithium-ion battery reaches the end of its life (approx 4 to 5 years), it cannot be replaced by the user it will need to be swapped out by the manufacturer.
- Power limitations: If you stream a lot of audio. There are possibilities that rechargeable batteries may not last the full 24-hours.
- Size: A lithium-ion battery is bigger than traditional zinc-air hearing aid batteries.
Rechargeable hearing aids Using Lithium-ion technology
- Phonak Audéo B-R:- It is named as the ” the first mainstream lithium-ion rechargeable hearing aid”. Phonak hearing devices claim that this hearing machine with a rechargeable battery on complete charge gives a backup of 24 hours in which 80 hours of wireless streaming is included. This product is built on a new advanced platform named “Belong”. Also, it needs only 3 hours charging to charge a dead battery. For hearing impaired individuals only a charge of 10 minutes is needed for a 30-minute hearing device fitting.
- Signia Cellion Primax:- Signia hearing aids launched Cellion Primax, most advanced inducive-charging rechargeable hearing device. Cellion Primax is similar to the Signia’s Pure Primax in terms of technology. Signia guarantees that Cellion Primax will last 24 hours with unlimited audio streaming. In case this statement is true then this Cellion Primax is better than the Phonak Audéo B-R hearing device.
Silver-zinc batteries provide power for a day like a lithium-ion battery. The ZPower rechargeable battery is based on the silver-zinc technology which was developed by NASA for its Apollo mission. Silver-Zinc rechargeable systems are not sealed into the hearing aid that means if you forget to recharge your device you can simply slip in a disposable battery. The silver-zinc batteries are more stable than lithium-ion batteries and there is no risk of explosion in the silver-zinc battery.
Features and Problems
- Safety: Silver-Zinc is non-flammable, non-toxic, and 100% recyclable.
- Easy Charging: You have to put down your devices into the charger, and take off them when you need it.
- 24 Hours of backup: Lithium-ion gives up to 24 hours backup on continuous use.
- Smaller Size: Silver-zinc battery is smaller as compared to the lithium-ion rechargeable battery due to its higher energy density, which means slightly smaller and more discreet hearing aids.
- Power limitations: If you stream a lot of audio. There is a possibility rechargeable battery may not last the full 24-hour day.
- Replacement: Silver-zinc battery needs to replace once in a year. Which takes more cost and feels uncomfortable with the customer.
3. ZPower Rechargeable Systems
This system is more powerful and innovative. It converts the compatible hearing aids into the Rechargeable Hearing Machine. At the time of purchasing a new device, you can order this system.
This system is helpful for the people who:-
- Have dexterity issues.
- Find it difficult to purchase the batteries online again and again.
- It is difficult to change the small batteries in daily life.
- Many people want to reduce the number of batteries that will help to reduce in landfills.
- Have vision loss that makes it difficult to put the batteries properly day in day out.
Which Rechargeable Option Is Right For You?
When it comes to making the right decision than most get double-minded. But as per our research Lithium-ion technology is easy to use and they only required to charge only one time a day. For those who are not considered with a sealed case, a lithium-ion rechargeable hearing machine is the best choice available in the market.
However, the silver-zinc batteries from ZPower technology provide a similar charging time as needed for a day-long duration. Hearing-impaired individuals who want to rid of the continuously changing old disposable hearing aids can convert their hearing device by consulting the ZPower list of compatible devices.
A new rechargeable option Oticon Opn:-
The rechargeable device is not new. The new thing is more and better options for the customers who want the convenience of rechargeable. The latest hearing aid which adds the feature of recharge-ability is the Oticon Opn. A-List of advanced features is already there in this Hearing machine. In 2016 it was introduced. Opn boasts its patented technology called, Brain Hearing Technology. This technology harness the brain’s natural ability to hear the speech in noisy situations. The Sleek miniRITE is a design that is very popular for its comfort, versatility, and ease of use among the customers.
If the Opn is charged overnight then it will stay powered for a full day’s use. This smart design also allows you to substitute the disposable batteries, just in case you forgot to charge the instrument. Zpower, as well as rechargeable Oticon Opn, ensures that you would not have to compromise on the sound quality or features even when you gain the convenience of rechargeable hearing aids.
You need to consider a lot of things before buying a rechargeable hearing aid. Each hearing machine has its advantages and disadvantages. So before buying any kind of rechargeable hearing device, consult an audiologist and take a hearing test.
Depending on the degree of your hearing loss, buy an advanced rechargeable hearing aid. For any queries or issues just give us a call on +91-9899437202 or schedule your visit. We are always glad to help you.