Ways to boost Your Hearing ability
- Last Updated: Dec 6th, 2018
Everyone knows how to do push-ups and how to flatten tummy. But do you think about your ear? No. But you must be aware of your body parts, their functions, and must exercise to boost the functioning of every part of your body. Here are some ways to boost your hearing ability.
Let us start learning what is hearing loss and what are some exercises or ways which can in increasing your hearing ability.
What Is Hearing Loss And Why It Occurs?
When brain, the auditory nerve or the ear which is part hearing system is not working in a usual way then hearing loss happens. Hearing loss can vary greatly among people based on age, health issues and habits and can be caused by many things. It can affect a child ability to develop speech, language, and social skill.
Hearing loss is mainly of two types:-
There are many reasons which cause hearing loss:
- Birth Complication
- Premature birth
- A nervous system or brain disorder
- A Perforated Eardrum
- A serious head injury.
- Untreated or frequent infection
Ways to boost your Hearing ability
There are many Exercises and Yoga which can boost your hearing ability. I’ve found that investing time in paying attention to how your hearing changes in different environments and after different activities can make you more aware of your hearing health. Once you have complete information and knowledge on how your ears are functioning, you could move on to activities to retrain your hearing.
It depends on Hearing loss and ability, you may benefit from hearing rehab and listening exercise and/or ear training. Concerns typically covered during aural rehabilitation sessions may include:
- Information on your hearing loss
- Your family’s understanding of your hearing loss
- Your hearing aid
- Learning to listen again
- How to use visual clues
- Dealing with background noise
After rehab, many people get the benefit and they are able to concentrate their mind in one pacific place.
Yoga Exercise for Hearing Health
Yoga or asanas have been practiced globally. It helps in the proper functioning of body parts. Similarly, we have specific Yoga exercises to improve hearing power.
Yoga Exercise which helps to improve hearing ability:-
There are mainly 3 yoga exercises which can help to boost your hearing health. These three yoga have been selected for increasing the supply of blood to the ear, release the stiffness around the neck and shoulder area and strengthen the spinal cord. These are-
- Bhramari Pranayama
- Matsyasana or Fish Pose
- Shunya Mudra
The yoga in which you control your breath is called Pranayama. There are different types of pranayama asana but bhramari pranayama or bee breathing is recommended for the hearing health, nose and throat.
In this Pranayama, exhaling of air during the exercise sounds similar to the humming of the Bee. This produces an echo in the ears and also resonates the skull and stimulates the hair cells which are instrumental in converting the sound signals into electrical impulses. The weakening of these hair cells is the main cause of Sensorineural Hearing Loss.
Matsyasana or fish pose:-
As the age increases, the blood supply in head and parts of ear reduces. Matsyasana strengthens the muscles of the back of the neck and the upper back. It also stretches the throat and the upper neck.
Steps for Matsyasana:-
- Lie on your back with your hands on your side.
- keep your palm down under your hip for support. Inhale deeply and slowly raise your head and chest.
- Maintain the same position and try lowering your head back to touch the ground.
- Lift your chest up with the weight on the elbows and breathe in and out.
- Relax as you exhale and stiffen when you inhale, do it as long as you are comfortable.
- To finish, bring the head up slowly and lower the chest, bring back your hands to your side as in the starting position.
According to Mudras, the 5 finger shows the 5 elements this universe which is Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Space.
This mudra is mainly recommended for tinnitus, vertigo and for boosting hearing ability.
Easy Steps for Shunya Mudra.
- Sit crossed leg or in the Padmasana pose. Ensure that you are comfortable as you will be sitting for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Bend the middle finger, bring the thumb over the middle finger.
- Press the thumb gently till the middle finger touches the base of the thumb.
- The thumb should exert a slight pressure to keep the finger in place.
- Vitamin E and C
- Folic acid
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids And Vitamin D
So these are some important nutrients which you should take with exercise.
For further info –
- How to improve Hearing? Foods & Nutrition That Boost Hearing
- Which nutrition is good for the hearing?