Link Between Hearing Loss and Depression
- Last Updated: Sep 24th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Hearings Loss
Suffering From Hearing Loss lead to depression
Hearing loss and depression both are serious emotional, social and economic consequences for a person. Have you ever canceled any social meeting or party because you had anxiety about meeting in a noisy environment? Have you felt embarrassed because you are unable to understand what other people speak? So this is the problem with the people who have hearing loss and also suffer from anxiety.
Research has shown a link between hearing loss and increased rates of depression. Restoring normal hearing levels may be part of the solution for many people with unaided or poorly treated hearing loss. By analyzing data from the U.S. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, the possible links between depression and hearing loss including 18,000 adults aged 18 or above and nearly 15% of women across all ages felt depressed compared to 9% of men.
Depression is the cause of hearing loss
Sadness, feeling down, having a loss of interest in daily activities – these are symptoms of depression. Untreated hearing loss may be linked to mental decline and can sometimes affect an individual’s daily life and lead to depression. Depression is the leading cause of disability among adults affecting over 15 million, and hearing loss is the second. The link between depression and hearing loss is easy because hearing loss impact your daily life and this goes into depression. Hearing loss people also experience the emotions such as Social isolation, Awkwardness, Inadequacy, Embarrassment.
However, the Hearing Solution has a different type of hearing aid for different people which help improve your hearing, which may combat the effects of depression.
The hearing and thinking both are connected and depression affects nearly one in six people at some point in their lives. Hearing loss is essentially a communication disorder that has impact the individual people emotionally, physically and mentally who are suffering from this condition. To improve care, we need to change the way we think about the condition.
Depression has wider effects on general health and activity levels which has a knock-on effect on the entire body. People with hearing loss and who do not wear hearing machine, find it more difficult to communicate with other people or in the crowd. According to health specialist if you have hearing loss problem you should concern with hearing professionals and take a hearing test as soon as possible.
Read more:- Link between hearing loss and depression.
Type of anxiety that affects your life
Anxiety disorder is not at all easy to cure because it is self-sustaining. Many people experience the depression symptoms that cause them more depression and affect their health.
There are many types of anxiety disorders exist:
- Agoraphobia is a type of anxiety disorder in which you avoid places to interact or fear to meet someone.
- Selective mutism is a type of disorder that exists in kids to speak in certain place lie in school, fear to speak with family members.
- Panic disorder involves a sudden feeling of anxiety and fear that reach the peak in minutes. You may feel breathing problem, pain in the chest, heart palpitations.
- Generalized anxiety disorder includes persistent and excessive anxiety and tensed about activities or events.
- Specific phobia is a type of fear that identified by major anxiety when you are exposed to a specific object or situation and a desire to avoid it.
- Separation anxiety disorder is a childhood disorder characterized by anxiety that’s excessive for the child’s developmental level.
Hearing loss can lead to social anxiety
Social withdrawal and isolation are factors related to poor hearing and feeling of depression. Increasing evidence that the relationship between hearing loss and depressive symptoms is stronger in middle-aged populations. Hearing loss can also lead to social anxiety and depression. According to a survey, the number of anxiety disorders is higher because of language boundary between the hearing population and the deaf. Many people with hearing loss sense social isolation, whether they realize it or not.
Hearing Solution make life easy for hearing loss people so that they can re-engage in public without any hearing problem
Take Hearing Loss Treatment
Are you experiencing the following situation with yourself then find whether or not to seek help for your Hearing Loss Treatment
- Feeling shy to meet people in a social gathering.
- Confused in personal and professional works
- Feeling insecure when alone or while taking care of others.
- The social environment gives you anxiety.
- Relationship problems
- You find yourself asking people to repeat themselves
- Problem hearing over the telephone
Today’s devices are designed to fit seamlessly into an individual’s life, no matter the degree of hearing loss. Hearing aid users say they are satisfied with the changes that have arisen in their lives especially due to their hearing instruments. From now they feel comfortable everywhere without any embarrassment. The best part is the Hearing aid wearers, powerful improvements to individual life in every area like relationships with family, conditions at home, social life, work environment, and other factors all improved with the use of hearing aids.