People who suffer from chronic ear infections might find regular hearing aids worsen their symptoms.
BAHA stands for the bone anchored hearing aid. This type of hearing aid is suitable for mild, moderate, mixed or conductive hearing loss. This hearing device is an alternative to the regular hearing aid.
It is always best to talk about your own individual requirements with an audiologist or hearing care professional (1800-121-4408) to make sure you are using the right hearing aid.
Bone-anchored hearing aid
This type of hearing aid is suitable for the people which are having a problem in an outer or middle ear. It transfers the sound by bone vibration directly to the cochlea, bypassing the outer and inner ear. Suppose someone having the problem in wearing the hearing aids or hearing aids does not give effective benefits, BAHA is helpful.
How it functions
Bone-anchored hearing aids use a surgically implanted abutment to transmit sound by direct conduction through the bone to the inner ear, bypassing the external auditory canal and middle ear. A titanium prosthesis is surgically embedded into the skull with a small abutment exposed outside the skin. A sound processor sits on this abutment and transmits sound vibrations to the titanium implant. The implant vibrates the skull and inner ear, which stimulate the nerve fibers of the inner ear, allowing the hearing.
The BAHA is helpful for the following purposes :
- Chronic Ear disease – Bone conduction hearing device bypassing the middle ear may be a more appropriate treatment for these patients. Good transmission of sound in the bone, with reduced attenuation and distortion, may be possible.
- Unilateral Deafness – This type of hearing aid facilitates the hearing abilities in case of single-sided deafness.
- External ear canal problems – This is the best hearing aid for treating the external ear canal problems. As it involves the bone conduction hearing abilities.
- It can increase hearing in a noisy environment and helps to localize the sounds.
- In addition, improve understanding speech, it also results in a natural sound with less distortion.
- Malformations – A BAHA works for these individuals because it delivers sound vibrations directly to the inner ear by being in direct contact with the skull bones.
If you suspect any type of hearing loss, the very first step is to consult hearing care professional right away. Give us a call on our toll-free 1800-121-4408 to get your query resolved.
Read More –
- Use Smartphone Remote Control App for your Hearing Aids
- How many sizes of hearing aid batteries available?