While it may sound obvious, the very first step to take if your hearing aid is not working is to check that it’s on! Once you’ve determined, check to make sure the battery is inserted properly. And also your hearing aid turns on when the battery door is shut.
So, if you rely on hearing aids to keep you hearing certainly at all times, you know how important it is to rapidly identify and fix the problems.
A hearing aid is a complicated device used to treat hearing loss. Sometimes it does not work properly and we can fix them easily. If your hearing aids sound uncomfortable, even if you’ve turned the volume up all the way, then there’s probably sometime wrong. If you’re one of the millions of people who use hearing aids to keep you in the conversation, you know how important it is to quickly identify and troubleshoot problems.
Common Hearing Machine Issues
The most common problems with hearing aid wearers experience are:
- Hearing aids aren’t loud enough
- hearing aids sound “funny” or distorted
- hearing aids aren’t producing any sound or hearing machine is dead.
- My hearing aids are “whistling” or producing feedback
- Hearing aids usually powered off
Various Methods To Fix Common Hearing Aid Problems:
If there is no sound
- Check the battery of the hearing aid device working properly or not.
- The first thing you should do is carefully look over the entire hearing aid, from the microphone opening to the sound outlet, tubing, and earpiece.
- Make sure the volume is set to your preferred setting and that it didn’t accidentally slip to a lower setting.
- If the battery door won’t close properly, the battery might be upside-down. Otherwise, the battery may be depleted and, in this case, you need to change the battery.
- Inspect the hearing aid, microphone, and tubing for any blockage.
- Test a different memory setting on your ear machine.
- Considered whether your degree of hearing loss has changed.
If the sound is not loud
- You have to check whether your hearing aid is according to the right program and volume. If it not, set it to the right program.
- You may be hearing distorted sound due to the accumulation of dust or tiny particles in the controls. First, rotate the controls and clear out the debris.
- If the problem is not related to the control button, then you can check if dirt, particles, wax, debris is blocking the microphone, tubes, earpiece. In case of yes, clear out these particles.
- Check if there is corrosion of the battery. The corroded battery makes the sound distorted. Just replace the battery.
- Moisture can also be the cause of minimum or distorted sound. Use a dehumidifier or a UV-clean and dry box to remove the moisture from the hearing aids.
- If you are still facing the problem, then get your hearing checked. As your hearing needs may have changed.
In the case of whistling or feedback sounds
- Remove the hearing aid and re-insert into the ear.
- It happens due to improper fitting of the earpiece. Replace it with the better fitting.
- Too much volume can lead to feedback sounds and disturbances. Turn the volume down.
- Check for cracks in the tubing or the ear hook and replace them.
- Ear wax blockage can be also the reason behind this.
If these conditions don’t fix the problem, you can always make an appointment with your hearing care professional.
You can purchase the latest hearing aids at a fair price through HearingSol, If you need more information or you have a query about Common Hearing Aid Problems or Hearing Loss, just give us a call on +91-9899437202. We are always here to help you.
Read More –