The sensory integration therapy cures autism affected people with a professional therapist. Because of a professional therapist design and implements a specific program of sensory experience. For those children who have autism spectrum disorder and for those people who have a sensory integration problem.
Sensory processing dysfunction has been described as a symptom of autism. for example, excessive touching of objects, fascination with lights or movement, adverse response to a specific sound.
If you need more information or you have a question regarding sensory integration therapy or Autism, you can discuss it with our HearingSol healthcare professionals, just give us a call on +91-9899437202. We are always here to help you.
Hence, This therapy is used to help children to learn. It includes using all their sense together such as touch, smell, taste, sight, and hearing. The idea of sensory integrative dysfunction was first proposed in 1950 and 1960 by A.Jean Ayres. He was an occupational therapist and an educational psychologist.
Sensory Integration Therapy
Sensory integration therapy makes a difference by helping everyone. It is an essential form of occupational therapy and it is generally treated by trained occupational therapists.
- Remedial Intervention is a process to treat of sensor and motor treatment activities. For example, swinging, massage.
- Accommodations and Adaptations is a way of wearing the earplugs.
- Sensory Diet Programs involves a daily routine/plan for each individual, supportive sensory strategies, for example, rocking chair, quiet space, aromatherapy). Identified physical activities, for example, yoga, swimming. Materials, for example, sensory kits containing music, stress balls, items for distraction.
- Environmental Modifications and adaptations such as lighting and other types of furnishings and equipment. It increases or decreases sensory stimulation.
- Education of individuals, family members are vital. Because of education, it tells how to minimize the impact.
The treatment involves specific sensory activities to help a child appropriately respond to sound, light, smells, touch, and other input. Intervention may perform brushing, swinging activities for better focus and improved behavior.
For key principle for Sensory integration therapy:
- In a sensory integration therapy child must be able to successfully meet the challenges of playful activities.
- A child grabs behavior with new and useful strategies in response to present challenges.
- A child attracts to activities that have a funny pattern and funny activities.
- Sensory integration therapist gives preference to initiate the therapeutic experience of a child.
Sensory integration therapy:
How to use sensory integration therapy. for example
- Swinging in a hammock to get movement through space.
- Dancing to music to get the sensory response to sound.
- Playing in boxes filled with beans to improve touch sense.
- Crawling through tunnels to improve touch and movement through space.
- Hitting swinging balls to improve eye-hand coordination.
- Balancing on a beam to improve sensory integration to balance.
Sensory integration therapy aims to help kids with sensory processing issues by exposing them to sensory stimulation in a structured, repetitive way. The theory behind it is that over time, the brain will adapt and allow kids to process and react to sensations more efficiently.
Thus, concerned the specialist and treat your child with therapy.