The biggest confusion about hearing aid – If a person can wear the hearing aid or can wear the headphones. But wearing the combination of both is not possible.
But this is not true. It totally depends upon your hearing aid as well as your headphones.
It is always best to talk about your own individual requirements with an audiologist or hearing care professional (1800-121-4408) to make sure you are using the right hearing aid.
Wearing hearing aids and headphone at the same time is possible but it depends on two factors:-
- Type of your hearing aids.
- Which type of headphone you prefer.
Wearing headphones allow you to hear sound through the jawbones and cheekbones. This way the sound waves directly connect the inner ear. The best hearing aid to wear with headphones is:
If you were fit with two individual Hearing aids, they were created to interact with a single unit to deliver more technology. Your units speak to one another, so when you make an adjustment for one, the other adjusts automatically.
Types of Headphones that you can wear with hearing aids
If you can use these type of hearing aid then you can wear headphones with hearing aid. But some hearing aid have Bluetooth connectivity. So that it depends on you what you want. Below are some hearing aid suggested by audiology experts;
- Bone-conduction earphones
- Headphones that are placed on the ears
- Headphones that are placed over the ears
Bone Conduction Headphone
These type of headphone allows us to hear sound through the vibration of the bone of your face (Jawbones and Cheekbones). This means sound waves are bypassing through the outer and middle ear (where the eardrum is located) and directly reaches to the inner ear. This type of headphone is best for in-the-ear (ITE), in-the-canal (ITC), Completely-in-canal (CIC), invisible-in-the-canal (IIC).
Names of some bone headphones are:
- AfterShokz TREKZ titanium open ear Bluetooth headphone
- AfterShokz AS500 Bluez 2 open ear wireless headphone
- Sain Sonic wireless bone conduction headset.
For ITE hearing aids you can use this type of headphones because it is the round opening in the center of the headphone sits right over the hearing aids allowing the hearing aids to pick up the music through the microphone. It is best for IIC or extended hearing aids because hearing aid is seated deep in the ear canal.
Name of the On-Ear Headphones
- Sentey Headphones
- Bose SoundTrue Headphone On-ear style
- Sennheiser RS120 on-ear wireless RF headphone.
Many people get confused between in-ear headphone and over-ear headphone but both are totally different. In-ear headphone sits on the ear, while over-ear headphone sits over the hearing aid. This type of headphone is suitable for in-the-ear(ITE), in-the-canal(ITC), Completely-in-canal(CIC), invisible-in-the-canal (IIC). It is also used with behind-the-ear(BTE) and receiver-in-canal(RIC).
Name of some over-ear headphones
- Sony MDRRF985RK Wireless RF Headphone
- Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphone
And there are many more. So you can listen to music through headphone while wearing hearing aids.
Few More Things You Should Know About Wearing Headphones With Hearing Aids
Most of the people have a myth that wearing headphones causes hearing loss.
Unfortunately, it is partially true.
Yes, headphones can cause hearing loss… but if you use them properly they will not
- You should turn the music down while using a hearing aid with headphones as the sound will be amplified.
- If you push your headphone on the hearing aid, then after sometime you may hear the whistling sound from your hearing aid. This is the indication that you have not placed your headphones properly.
- You should primarily use noise isolating or canceling headphones.
- If you are listening to the music for an extended period of time your aim should be lower than 85db.
Music With Hearing Aids
Wireless Hearing Aids
Hearing aid technology is changing a lot. So hearing aids are no more exception. Hearing facilitates you with everything which you need in your daily life.
Hearing devices not only amplifies the sound. Instead, they can be connected with a wide range of external devices like TV or music player and even your mobile phones.
These devices help you to do your daily based activities without headphones.
Bluetooth Hearing Aids
A large number of wireless hearing aid are able to pair with the nearest Bluetooth device. A Bluetooth hearing aid available can connect to iPhone devices.
Some Benefits of steaming with Bluetooth are as follows:
- Remote control of hearing aid
- Multiple connections can be made
- Listening experienced is personalized
You can acquire the latest hearing aids at a fair price through HearingSol. To know more such information, browse our website. Or if you need any help with Hearing Aid Devices. Feel free to call us on our toll-free 1800-121-4408, or can also book an appointment for a FREE consultation for hearing aids at HearingSol clinic.
- Best bone conduction headphones for hearing loss
- How do you keep your hearing good?
- Hearing aids that connect to iPhone