Occupational therapy is a type of health care that helps to solve the problems that interfere with people’s ability to do the things that are important to the – everyday things like:
- Self-care – getting dressed, moving around the house, eating.
- Being productive – going to work, going to school, participating in the community.
- Free time activities – gardening, social activities, sports.
Occupational therapy can also prevent a problem or reduce its effects.
If you need more information or you have a question regarding Occupational Therapy, you can discuss it with our HearingSol healthcare professionals, just give us a call on +91-9899437202. We are always here to help you.
In an occupational therapy “occupation” as a term refers to sensible and functional activities. It allows human beings to stay independent and have a feeling of identity. While this may be essentially normal responsibilities which include self-care, work or satisfaction.
Occupational Therapy help to treat the people who are suffering from the physical, sensory or cognitive disability. OT can help kids as well as adults. It enhances the skills physically, sensory and motor skills.
The occupational remedy gives practical support to empower people to help recovery. To defeat limitations blocking them from doing the activities that matter to them. This support will increase people’s independence and also pride in all factors of lifestyle.
Occupational therapists work with adults and kids of every age with a huge variety of conditions. Most normally those who’ve difficulties due to stress illness, learning disabilities. They can work in a variety of setting which includes fitness firms, social care services, schooling, home education.
Symptoms for Kids
- Traumatic Injury such as brain injury
- Birth injuries or birth defects.
- Neurological problem
- Multiple sclerosis
- Problem in learning
- Developmental Delays
How occupational therapy (OT) Can Help the child
If your child should certain learning and attention risks. Occupational therapy may be a good option. It can help kids become more confident and better at performing tasks. This is especially right for young children.
Occupational therapists can help kids struggle with fine and overall.
- To practice fine motor skills, children may pick up items with hand tools to build strength and control. They may cut out things with scissors to help with hand-dominance problems.
- To create gross motor skills like balance and coordination, children may do jumping jacks, catch balls or run obstacle courses.
Occupational therapy (OT) can also be a big help for kids with sensory processing issues. Some kids with sensory issues overreact to outside stimulation and become confused and hyperactive.
What does an occupational therapist do?
An occupational therapist will gather all of the affected person’s desires such as physical, psychological, social and environmental desíres. This help can make a real quality to enhance their life at full potential.
Occupational therapists play an important role in supporting people of all age. Succeed the effects of disability produced by illness, aging or accident.
Some tasks followed by the therapist
- Occupational Therapist helps the kids in enhancing their motor skills such as releasing toys and developing handwriting skills.
- Helps in improving eye coordination. For example, hitting a ball or target
- The therapist maintains the kid’s behavior. For example, instead of being angry tell to do some physical task.
- Teach them maintaining coordination skills.
Children and young people:
The occupational remedy help kids, children, and young people grow, learn, have fun, socialize. However, With the help of Occupational therapy, people participate in daily life. Such as getting ready to go out, eating the meal, using the toilet, and being productive.
People with physical disabilities:
Occupational therapy can help people to support all types of learning disabilities –
- Help people to live independently.
- Support people to develop parenting skills
Occupational therapists can assist older human beings. To maintain daily activities, fitness, and health. An occupational therapist can assist older people by:
- Recommending equipment, such as a hearing aid, so the person feels confident.
- Promoting policies to increase a person’s confidence when meeting new people.
How Physical Therapy and occupational therapist (OT) Differ
Both are physical and occupational therapy help improves child quality of life,
- Physical therapy (PT):- It deals with pain, joint range of motion, strength, endurance, and gross motor functioning,
- An occupational therapist(OT):- It deals more with fine motor skills, visual-perceptual skills, cognitive skills, and sensory-processing deficits.
Occupational Therapy Practitioners
There are two levels of professional occupational practice
- The occupational therapist (OT):- An OT should have a complete master’s degree program in this field. All occupational therapy practitioners must complete fieldwork programs. They have to pass a national certification examination. A license to practice is mandatory in most states.
- The occupational therapist assistant (OTA):- An OTA is only required to complete an associate’s degree program. An OTA can carry out treatment plans developed by the occupational therapist but can’t complete evaluations.
Occupational therapists work in many areas
- Rehabilitation centers
- Mental health facilities
- Private practices
- Children’s clinics
- Nursing homes