Autism is a developmental disorder that leads to repetitive behaviours and this condition is called autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Children with autism have trouble in communicating and understanding. This makes their life difficult. They have problems with words or through gestures, facial expressions, and touch.
Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) are very sensitive. They get pain by sounds, touches, smells, and sights that seem normal to others. Most of them have repetitive and stereotyped body movements such as flapping hands, pacing, rocking. They have an abnormal reaction to people, attachment to any objects, aggressive or self-injurious behaviour, resistance to change in their routines.
Sometimes they do not notice any objects, people or activities around their surrounding. Children with Autism develop skills in sum area such as drawing, creating music, solving math problems, or memorizing facts.
Symptoms are generally appeared during the first three years of life or from birth. It is four times more common than a boy.
- The children suffering from this disease starts getting problems with languages. They start avoiding spoken language, speech that sounds very monotonous or flat, speaking in pre-learned phrases, putting together individual words to form new sentences, sharing a two-way conversation
- Their reflections become slow. It simply means they feel discomfort in responding to others. Some of the problems they face are taking people’s speech literally and being unable to understand, reacting negatively when asked to do something, unable to understand metaphors or figures of speech.
- They have a problem in responding to others, taking people’s speech literally and being unable to understand, reacting negatively when asked to do something, unable to understand metaphors or figures of speech.
- Facing problem in interacting with unfamiliar people and unable to adapt tone or content.
There is no any exact causes of autism spectrum disorder (ASD). There are several factors that cause autism such as, brain development and genetic factors. Their brain develops differently than others and they have too many connections between brain cells.
Brain development: The brain of an affected child grows too faster during early childhood and especially between age zero to three years. And the brains of Autism affected babies have more cells than others or they need and has bad connections between the cells.
Genetics: The Genetic problem play a major role in autism spectrum disorder (ASD).Some genetic changes happen during a fetal stage or before birth and inherit a problematic gene from their parents due to this some people have several children with Autism disorder. Many kinds of research show there are several genes that cause Autism disorder.
Treatment and diagnosis help children in developing skills or their full potential. By treatment, we can improve their lifestyle and overall ability.supportive familiar environment minimize depression and anxiety.
Key ways to treat Autism in Children:
- Give behavioural training and management
- Specialized therapies
- Medicine:- To treat depression, anxiety, hyperactivity, and obsessive-compulsive behaviours.
- Social support and parent training