A sensorineural hearing loss is a type of hearing loss. In this hearing loss or deafness main cause presents in the sensory organ (Cochlea) of the inner ear or neutral part of the inner ear or the vestibulocochlear nerve. It results from the damage of the tiny hair cell in the inner ear. Damaging of these tiny hair cells in this hearing loss is due to aging, injury, disease, ear infections, etc. Throughout life, every person losses these tiny hair cells but hearing loss slowly increases with time. Excessive noise is also a cause for the damage of hair cell of the inner ear. As a result, the patient’s ear is damaged and they are not able to hear in the noisy background.
Sensorineural hearing loss is of two type – Congenital and Acquired hearing loss
Causes of Congenital hearing loss –
- This deafness causes due to maternal diabetes.
- Due to premature birth.
- Sometimes hearing loss be inherited from mother to childlike rubella.
- Many times the cause is genetics also.
- At the time of birth due to the deficiency of oxygen level.
Causes of Acquired hearing loss –
- Due to loud music and noise.
- Due to infections in the ear canal.
- Exposure to diseases like meningitis, mumps, Meniere’s disease, multiple sclerosis.
- Use of certain drugs like Aspirin, Quinine, Cisplatin or antibiotics like Streptomycin and gentamicin.
- Due to aging.
- Due to some injury in the ear canal.
There are various medical treatments like Cochlear implant, Hearing aids, Hybrid Cochlear implant. Many times this deafness is permanent so always consult a doctor and take the hearing test. In order to reduce hearing loss, it is very important to use these hearing aids properly.
You can purchase the latest hearing aids at a fair price through HearingSol, If you need more information or you have a query about Sensorineural Hearing Loss, just give us a call on +91-9899437202. We are always here to help you.