A person affected with tinnitus hear sounds such as ringing in the ear, hear hissing, clicking, or whistling sounds and other types of sounds that originated in the ear.They hear these sounds continuously 24 hours a day and continuous sounds affect our lifestyle we face trouble in sleeping, concentrating at work, and inability to live your life, increase anxiety.
It effects person temporary and it is not a disease but symptoms of other problems or hearing diseases such as hearing loss, ear infection, loud noise exposure, ear trauma, earwax Meniere’s disease, during pregnancy and tumors near the ear.In this sounds appear from ear or head does not come from outside and mostly found in adult people.
Some major facts or symptoms of tinnitus
- Tinnitus affects one or both ears or in the head.
- Sometimes it is a presence of sounds inside the head of the person due to absence of auditory stimulation
- Subjective tinnitus: It is a most common tinnitus because only you can hear these sounds. In this problem occur in the outer, middle or inner ear. It is also caused due to damage to nerves or other parts of the brain that transmit signals to ear.
- Objective tinnitus: In this, some time doctor or other persons are able to hear sounds that appear from your ear or brain if they listen carefully.
- Sometimes it is a symptom of Damage to the sensory cells in the inner ear, due to aging or noise exposure.
- Tinnitus is developed due to infection in upper respiratory infection, such as a cold.
- Otolaryngologist: Otolaryngologist is a person trained in medical and surgical treatment to an ear, nose, and throat(ENT). Patients can feel Severe hypertension and also face a headache, nausea, restlessness, vomiting and blurred vision.
- Acoustic neuroma: It is a noncancerous and slow-growing tumor that develops to an auditory nerve in the inner ear.
- Neurophysiologic (sensorineural) tinnitus is most common which is originated within the auditory nervous system.
- manage reactions to tinnitus for methods such as stress reduction, therapeutic sound, and coping skills.
- Give reference of audiologist to patients for hearing evaluation and assessment of the tinnitus if notice any symptoms and support them in learning and managing reaction to tinnitus
- Patients that have suicidal reactions and extreme fear or depression to tinnitus give a same-day referral to a mental health professional.
- Provide urgent reference to an otolaryngologist or emergency care if you suspect sudden sensorineural hearing loss or another urgent medical condition.
Conclusion: Contact your hearing professional or doctor immediately if you get symptoms of tinnitus or other related mental conditions.