Want to connect your hearing aid to your iPhone or iPad? The hearing aids technology is getting advanced day by day. In this digital era, Hearing aids can be easily paired with smartphones using Bluetooth device. Now, hearing aids are being manufactured with inbuilt wireless connectivity which will turn your hearing aid into a multi-purpose device.
Made for iPhone hearing aids can help you hear more clearly on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can pair your hearing aid to your iPhone and iPad to make sure you don’t miss any of the sounds or audio.
Devices needed to pair hearing aid to iPhone or iPod
To use the Made for iPhone hearing aids, you need one of these devices with iOS 7 or later:
- iPhone 4s and later
- Air and later
- (4th generation)
- mini and later
- iPod touch (5th generation) and later
Steps for pairing
Refer to the steps below to learn how you can pair your compatible hearing aid to your iPhone and iPad:
- Open the battery door of your hearing aid.
- Go to Settings on your home screen.
- Select in General and choose accessibility.
- There is a hearing section, under there, tap MFi Hearing Aids. Enable the hearing aid model.
- Turn On Bluetooth on your device.
- Remember that your device should be in discovery mode so that the iPhone or iPad can connect automatically.
- Once your device finds hearing aid then start pairing.
- After you complete the pairing, Turn On the option for Hearing Aid Mode.
Hearing aids available with direct-to-iPhone Bluetooth capability include Oticon Open, Resound Linx, Starkey Halo, and Widex Beyond.
Pairing with more than one device
To pair with another iOS device, follow these steps:
- Make sure to connect all iOS devices to the same Wi-Fi network and signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
- Follow the steps for how to pair your hearing aid.
The above steps enable the hearing aid to use it as a multi-purpose device to enjoy your daily life like other people with normal hearing ability. Because of this, hearing loss will be no more problem and there will be no need to compromise on anything.
Control your Mfi hearing aid
You can control your hearing aid’s using your iOS device. You can see your device battery percentage, adjust device volume and many more. For controlling your hearing aid go to settings or the Accessibility Shortcut.
Set priority for the features that you control with your iOS device. Go to settings then select General and opt for Accessibility and then hearing. Tap on MFi Hearing devices.
- Amuse yourself with ringtones.
- You can opt for the default device for audio playback.
- You can adjust settings of your hearing aids that are connected over the same wifi network and connected to your iCloud account.
- Carry on with your media using your hearing aid and you can switch between ioS devices. For example, if you are want to watch youtube in iPad but hearing aid is connected with the iPhone, it will automatically switch to your iPad.
- You can adjust your volume on your hearing aid from your lock screen of your iPhone. Tap 3 times the Home button.
You can purchase the latest hearing aids at a fair price through HearingSol, If you need more information or you have a query about Pairing Hearing Aid to your iPhone and iPad, just give us a call on +91-9899437202. We are always here to help you.