Most of the time people with deafness feel embarrassed and awkward with other people. The individual’s with the hearing difficulty think as if they are different from others. Or they have some rare condition which also makes hearing problem uncommon for them.
According to the last MarkeTrak survey (2004), around 31 people reported having difficulty in hearing. People with hearing loss need to stop thinking that they are alone. According to the World health organization (WHO) on the prevalence of hearing loss, there is an unequal distribution of hearing loss across the world. The number of Americans with a hearing impairment has demonstratively doubled during the past 30 years.
Study of WHO on the prevalence of hearing loss
- There are around 360 individuals in the world with disabling hearing problem.
- Around 328 million(91 percent) are adults( around 145 million females and 183 million males).
- There are also around 32 million(9 percent) children.
- Mostly in South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Asia Pacific, the prevalence of hearing loss is more.
- Approximately one -third of the person is affected by age-induced hearing impairment.
- In South Asia, Sub-Saharan and the Asia Pacific the prevalence of disabling deafness in adults over 65 years is greatest.
The prevalence of disabling hearing loss in most of the region is greater than the high-income region. A disabling hearing loss is the hearing difficulty greater than 40 dB in adults(more than 15 years) and 30 dB in kids( 0 to 14 years). Most of the time the prevalence increases with age of a person.
Prevalence of hearing loss with age:-
- Prevalence in kids is 1.7 percent
- Around 7 percent prevalence in adults( more than 15 years).
- 3 in 10 people over age 60 have a hearing difficulty.
- 1 in 6 baby boomers (ages 41-59), or 14.6%, have a hearing problem.
- 1 in 14 Generation Xers (ages 29-40), or 7.4%, already are hearing impairment.
- At least 1.4 million children (18 or younger) have hearing problems.
- It is estimated that 3 in 1,000 infants are born with serious to profound hearing difficulty.
- The impact of hearing loss is approximately to be more than $100 billion yearly.
- According to a survey, hearing loss negatively impacts household income on average up to $12,000 every year.
From all the statistics we conclude just how much hearing loss impacts our lives, careers, and relationships. You can find more information here on our website you are ready to get help. You can visit our clinic in Delhi NCR or call us +91-9899437202.
- Hearing loss rate rises in youth.
- The effect of deafness on daily life.
- Effect of untreated hearing problem.