Zinc-air batteries almost use in every hearing aid and hearing devices are a major end-user application of zinc-air batteries. It uses air as an energy source and comes in a different size. Their system is different from most of the other hearing aid batteries available. It takes oxygen from the air for use as the cathode reactant. A limitless supply of air enables the zinc-air cell to offer many performance advantages compared to other batteries.
It initially used for a large battery for some application such as railroad signaling, remote communications and also used for navigation in the ocean. It uses air as an energy resource and the air holes sealed by a tab. If the tab is removed it takes 2 minutes before the hearing aid battery is activated charged now the battery compartment can be closed.
The development of thin electrodes used in small, high capacity primary cells such as for hearing aid, small electronics, and medical devices. Zinc batteries last between 3 to 7 days depending on the type of hearing machine its size and model.
How Did Zinc Batteries work?
Zinc-air batteries work uniquely in contrast to your ordinary family batteries. They work with oxygen noticeable all around to give the capacity to your portable hearing assistants, and without oxygen, the gadgets can’t work. Oxygen gradually goes through fine openings and a channel of the battery so it can ingest enough. When you are obtaining your zinc-air batteries, you’ll have the choice of 5-red, 13-orange, 312-dark-colored or 675-blue, and you can discover the mark on the back of the stick tab.
There is a sticker in the battery. This sticker keeps the battery new while it’s not being used and guarantees that the zinc is secured inside the battery. In any case, when you are prepared to utilize the zinc-air batteries, the sticker ought to be evacuated. Give the battery a chance to sit out for a moment before embeddings it into your gadgets to enact the zinc. When you evacuate the tab, the zinc starts to course through your portable amplifiers. So, ensure that you don’t expel the sticker before you are prepared to utilize the battery!
The advantage of Zinc-Air:
- It includes a flat discharge voltage.
- It is safe and provides environmental benefits.
- Have a good shelf life
- Besides, zinc-air batteries have high energy density as compared to most of the other primary batteries.
- The energy density feature of zinc-air as against other battery chemistries.
- High capacity coupled with low discharge rates provides users with low maintenance and long runtime option.
- It has energy density 1050wh
- Available at low cost.
- Extra battery life
- Relatively inexpensive to produce.
- Button cells are highly effective
Battery chemistry of Zinc-air battery and others:
|Battery||Energy Density (Wh/l)|
Facts about Zinc Air hearing aid batteries:
- People use Zinc-air batteries replacing their mercury batteries.
- The air outside the battery is used as the source.
- For protecting the air holes from the air manufacturers apply the tab over it.
- Heat can affect the tab on zinc-air batteries. For protecting from the heat you need to keep it away from the heat.
- Zinc-air hearing aid batteries are also affected by the moisture. It usually happens while placing the battery in a cold place like a fridge.
- Zinc-air battery also available in different size like size 10 colored in yellow color, size 13 orange, size 312 brown, size 675 blue.
Brands which provides the zinc-air technology