For parents with a newborn baby at home, sleep can only be like a dream. Even if you wake up in the feeding phase every few hours, even when your child may have some difficulty in sleeping (or staying).
In order to help your child sleep better in the night, pediatricians often recommend relaxing activities such as hot baths. But when nothing seems to work, parents can turn to alternative measures such as white noise.
If you need more information or you have a question regarding White Noise, you can discuss it with our HearingSol healthcare professionals, just give us a call on +91-9899437202. We are always here to help you.
White noise is the result of the combining sounds of all different frequencies together. It is a random noise that has a flat spectral density. It is the noise which has the same amplitude, or intensity, throughout the audible frequency range (20 to 20,000 hertz).
If you play all the tone which we can imagine that a human can hear and combine them together, you will get white noise. It is analogous to white light which is a mixture of all visible wavelength light or the combination of all the different frequencies that’s why its name is white noise. Because it contains all type of frequencies so it is frequently used to mask other sounds.
What is White sound?
In fact, background noise a sound that contains each recurrence inside the scope of human hearing in equivalent sums. Repetitive sound like TV or radio ‘static’, however consistent foundation clamors, for example, a clothes washer, vacuum cleaner, fan or running water additionally help advance rest similarly.
Types of white noise for baby sleep
- Shushing – It is a long-known method of calming a distressed baby – especially combined with a gentle swinging motion.
- White noise app – Instead of running the hoover for hours on end download a white noise app which has hundreds of noises to choose from. We like White Noise Lite, which is free to download.
- A fan – The constant whooshing noise of a fan is also a good bet for background noise, aiding your baby’s sleep.
How can white Noise Help your baby sleep?
In 1990s study, According to the Archives of Disease in Childhood suggested babies sleep faster under the influence of white noise as compared to normal condition. However, loud noise by a white noise machine can also lead to the noise-induced hearing loss.
White noise refers to those sounds which make masks of other sounds that can be naturally occurring in the environment. If you live in a city, for example, white noise can help prevent noise associated with traffic.
Specific sounds can be used to encourage sleep regardless of environmental noise. Examples include sounds of rainforests or soothing beaches.
There are even machines designed specifically for use with babies. Some musical instruments are equipped with lullabies, and even there is the noise of heartbeat which is used to imitate the mother.
One study found that white noise could be helpful. Forty newborns were studied, and it was found that 80 percent of babies able to fall asleep after five minutes of hearing white noise.
The benefits of White Noise
- Babies may be able to fall asleep faster with white noise in the background.
- It also helps in blocking household noise such as older siblings.
- For some of the infant, white noise machines have a heartbeat setting mimicking the mother, which is very comforting for the newborns.
- White Noise Machine can help families who have more than one child at a time.
Most of the time when babies are not born then they get used to the loud whoosh of blood rushing through the placenta. This sound of blood rushing is even noisier than a vacuum cleaner. This noise switches on the calming reflex and helps infants drift into a nap. Therefore, white noise helps your baby to sleep.
Rely on White Nose
The more use of white-nose can have an adverse effect on your baby`s sleep. Regular use of white-nose for sleeping can cause sleep deprives. If there is no white-nose around your baby, your baby cannot sleep well. Don`t make your baby addicted to it. Natural sleep is the best sleep your baby will ever have.
For further info –
- Does noise-induced hearing loss get worse over time?
- What is better Noise Cancelling or Noise Isolating?
- How to protect your ears and improve your hearing health