Before the text-to-speech program, it was very difficult to communicate without any device if they couldn’t speak. Some people are deaf, mute or deaf-mute people. But those people communicate in sign language. This language is very difficult to understand.
In a world, there are various communities of deaf people. In these communities, sign language has developed, and are at the core of local deaf cultures. Although deaf and hard of hearing people use sign language.
If you need more information or you have a question regarding Sign Language, you can discuss it with our HearingSol healthcare professionals, just give us a call on +91-9899437202. We are always here to help you.
The deaf-blind alphabet is the way to communicate with the people who cannot speak or see. Different ways to carry the conversation.
Types of the Deaf-blind alphabet
- HANDS ON SIGNING
- VISUAL FRAME SIGNING
It is a type of sign language in which a person with a disability read the signs of hands of another person. It can be read via touch and sight.
Visual Frame Signing
It is a type of sign in which a person who is deafblind reads the signs of another person. So, communicator uses signs of British Sign language using his own hands.
Block is the easiest deafblind language to express yourself. They are based on the English letter and drawn on the palm of the deafblind person.
- A- touch the tip of his thumb.
- B- strike downwards along his index finger from the tip till just above his palm.
- C- touch the middle point of the lowest part of the hand.
- D- strike downwards along his middle finger from the tip till just above his palm.
- E- touch the tip of his index finger.
- F- gently squeeze together the tips of his index finger and his middle finger.
- G- strike downwards along his ring finger from the tip till just above his palm.
- H- strike downwards along his little finger from the tip till just above his palm.
- I- touch the tip of his middle finger.
- J- gently squeeze the tip of his middle finger.
- K- touch with all your tips together in the middle of the palm.
- L- strike downwards three tips along index finger, middle and ring finger from tip till just above the palm.
- M- touch with three tips the higher part of the palm of his hand in a horizontal way.
- N- touch two tips the higher part of the palm in horizontal.
- O- touch the tip of his ring finger.
- P- strike upwards on the outside of his index finger.
- Q- strike upwards outside hand.
- R- drum slightly with several of your tips in the middle of the palm of his hand.
- S- make a circle in the middle of the palm of his hand.
- T- strike downwards from outside of the thumb.
- U- touch the tip of the little finger.
- V- touch with one tip in the palm (left side) between the basis of the thumb and the index finger.
- W- touch two tips palm basis of thumb finger and index finger.
- X- strike horizontal over the wrist.
- Y- strike horizontal over the center of all the fingers.
- Z- last but not the least, strike horizontal over the center of the palm of the hand.
Many people use their hands, faces, bodies to communicate, and facial expression to convey a speaker’s idea. And there are several different ways to do these activities through sign language. Sign language helps in reducing the difficulty of people who communicate without any device if they couldn’t speak.
Linguists consider both language sign and spoken are natural language. Sign language should not be confused with body language or non-verbal communication.
Sign languages often share significant similarities with their respective spoken language. There are various sign languages including American sign language (ASL) with American English, Signed Exact English (SEE) and Pidgin Signed English (PSE).
What is deaf culture?
Deaf Culture is a linguistic subculture in our society essential for a group of deaf people uniting through their language and also their Deafness.
It originally fought autism and other ways that deaf people were discriminated against for their inability to hear sounds as others (hearing people) do, but now it is a symbol for unity and pride among deaf people.
Deaf people are treated using various methods. Which include hearing aids, sign language, subtitles, and many other things. Hearing aids are a small machine that helps deaf people to hear louder and clearer. When hearing loss individual face problem in hearing. Then hearing aid help them in improving their hearing or deafness by amplifying soft sounds. It won’t make you hearing perfect but it makes sound clear. A hearing aid has five component and packed into a single unit or box and developed in different styles such as for in-the-ear and behind the ear. People use these devices to hear properly in any environment.
Read more :
- Best apps for learning sign language