If your sleeping partner often looks depressed and angry in the morning, you may be one of the millions of adults who habitually snore at night.
It’s a common condition that can affect both men as well as women. Although it occurs more frequently in overweight men and women.
If you need any assistance or have a question about How To Stop Loud Snoring, you can consult our HearingSol experts with your problem, feel free to call us on 1800-121-4408. We are always here to help you.
About assistance, 40% and 24% of adult men and women respectively are habitual of snores. It appears to run in families and becomes more common when you get older. And if you regularly snore at night it may bother your partner or it can disrupt the quality of your sleep.
But there is medical assistance needed for habitual snores to get a good night sleep. There are many effective and quick solution for extremely loud snoring that can help you and your partner and get better sleep at night.
Learn Everything About Snoring Problem
Why do people snore so loud?
Did you ever think about why you snore and how loud you snore at night? So let’s discuss if snoring happens at night when you sleep and you can not move air freely through your nose and throat. This makes the croaky sound and it occurs when the tissues of the throat vibrate.
Snoring is the vibration sound due to obstructed air motion when breaths during sleep against the back of the throat. In a few cases, the sound may be heard, but generally, loud and unpleasant which are harmful.
Here are some examples of how loud is snoring.
Snoring is noted to cause sleep deprivation, daytime drowsiness, as well as irritability and lack of focus. And even sometimes people do not realize that they snore at night.
Most Snoring averages is about 60dB and can approach maximum 80 or 90dB.
How Loud is Snoring?
Loud snoring is an interruption of sleep cycle breathing. Undoubtedly, the lack of oxygen to the brain is a serious factor in the disorder. Many are modest and relieved with behavioral changes.
However, a few severe snoring can also purpose extreme mental and social harm to sufferers. It may have a poor impact on health which includes growing the risk of heart attack and stroke which might cause difficulty in talking, a problem in swallowing, paralysis, and hearing loss.
Common Symptoms for Loud snoring
Snoring is related to a sleep disorder called OSA which is present in three Percent of the common people. It is a serious disorder that causes you to temporarily stop breathing while you sleep. OSA abbreviated as obstructive sleep apnea.
Some of the common symptoms in snoring present –
- Receding chin
- Expanded tonsils
- Loud snoring
- Heart diseases
- Regularly nighttime urination
- Extra fatty tissue
- Large tongue
- Excess weight around the neck
- Cold, allergies, sinus headaches, and a night of drinking also can lead to snoring.
- Sore throat when you wake up.
- Face difficulty in concentrating.
- Headaches in the morning.
- High blood pressure.
- Pain in a chest at night.
Types of Snoring
1. Closed mouth snoring: It indicates the problem with the tongue.
2. Open mouth snoring: Related to the tissues present in the throat.
3. Snoring when sleeping on the backside: It is the mild snoring. This kind of snoring can be cured by improving the lifestyle. Snoring in all sleeping positions: It indicates that the snoring is very severe and in order to treat it more comprehensive treatment is required.
Causes Of Snoring So Loud
Snoring can be caused by multiple factors such as allergies, sinus, alcohol consumption and many more. Snoring occurs when you take a deep sleep. The muscles of the soft palate, tongue, and throat relax. The tissues present in the throat relax so well that it blocks the passage of airway and vibrates which results in snoring.
The passage of airway becomes narrow due to which the airflow of air is so powerful which results in vibration and causes snoring. Reasons for the passage of airway becomes narrow
Drinking Alcohol:- Drinking alcohol too much before bedtime results in snoring. Because alcohol helps in relaxing the throat muscles and reduce your natural defense against airway impediment.
Being Overweight: People who are overweight or heavy obesity may suffer from obstructive snoring sleep apnea and it increases snoring at night.
Nasal Problems:- Nasal congestion or a partition between your nostrils results in snoring.
Sleep Deprivation:- A body does not get enough sleep that results in throat relaxation.
Sleeping position:- Snoring became loudest when sleeping on your back. Because of the effect of gravity in the throat narrows the airway.
Mouth Anatomy:- Thick soft palate can narrow your passage of airway. People with overweight have extra tissues in their throats that results in narrowing airways.
How to Fix Loud Snoring and Better Sleep Immediately
Loud Snoring is a big problem nowadays and everyone wants to stop snoring right away, but first of all, it’s very important to find out the causes of your snoring. Different ways to prevent your snoring will be more effective or it may slow your snoring volume.
There are some effective ways to fix snoring, let’s consider-
1. Change your sleeping position: As we know that the tongue falling back to the throat and it causes snoring. So keep changing your sleeping position.
2. Use an anti-snoring product: By using these tools you may immediately fix your snoring problem
3. Maintain a healthy wealth: Obesity is the main reason for snoring try to be healthy and fit.
4. Try throat and tongue for snoring exercise: These seem little silly but they have been proven in many cases. Stretching your throat and tongue may prevent your snoring.
5. Keep you nostril neat and clean: Clean your nostril every day that you can breathe freely while sleeping.
6. Do not take sleeping pills: It is just like taking alcohol it causes snoring. And if you are prescribed for these pills then talk with your doctor and concern about it.
7. Get enough sleep: Due to overtired which send you into the deeper state of sleep and then you start snoring.
8. Use nasal dilator: If your nasal is dry then take a nasal spray to moisturize it.
9. Replace your bedding: Replace your bedding mattress once a week.
10. Keep your room neat and clean with freshness: Keep your room free of dust and keep your environment neat and clean.
Diagnose of Loud Snoring
To evaluate your snoring your doctor will review your signs and symptoms. Your doctor performs some tests and on the basis of the result, treatment is done. Some of the diagnosed are as follow.
X-ray/MRI:- Your will suggest you X-ray or MRI to scan your structure of airway.
Study of your sleep:- To know the symptoms of snoring your doctor will suggest a sleep study. You have to sleep overnight in a sleep centre. In the centre, there will be depth analysis of your breathing while you are sleep. The process name is polysomnography.
In this, your sleep is observed the whole night. The following information is noticed or recorded.
- Brain Waves
- Heart Rate
- Level of Oxygen in the blood
- Movement of eyes and legs
- Sleeping Stages
- The rate of breathing
Anti Snoring Products for Snoring too Loud
If you want to help yourself to stop loud snoring, then today there are so many anti snoring products available online or at the market. It will find and give the right solution to your snoring problem. Unfortunately, many of these tools are not supported by research.
However, there are plenty of proven techniques that can help and eliminate loud snoring. Not every product are right for every person for that you should take advice from Otolaryngologist or with your local doctor. So put a stop to your loud snoring and it requires many different products such as
- Anti-Snoring mouth appliance: This device is effective and costly $1,000 because it is made by the dentist. Mouth appliance, which pulls the jaw slightly forward to open the open airway.
- Nasal Dilator snoring strips: This product is inexpensive and harmless. It is very simple to use you just have to put it on your nose at bedtime to open up the nasal and then you can take breath easily without any noise.
- Tongue Stabilizing Devices: One of the most common anti snoring device while it supports the back of your throat and stops the snoring.
- Mandibular Advancement Devices(MAD): Many doctor and specialist recommended this MAD. The way it works is really very simple and effective.
Snoring Treatments and Remedies
Your doctor likely will first recommend lifestyle changes to treat your snoring, such as:
- Losing Weight
- Avoiding sleep deprivation & alcohol close to bedtime
- Treating nasal congestion
- Avoiding sleeping on your back
If you have tried self-help for snoring without success then do not give up hope. There are many home remedies available for snoring.
Many times heavy and loud snores people who snore constantly at night and in any position they should need medical treatment and doctor advice(Otolaryngologist). Specialists will provide treatment and examine your ear, nose, and throat. An examination can reveal if the snoring is caused by nasal allergy, infection or any other health disease.
So let’s know some home remedies that can cure loud snoring.
- Anti-snore pillow
- Positive airway pressure
- Anti Snoring products
- Alternative medicine
- Losing Weight
- Use air purifier
- Stay hydrated
- Wear a neck brace
- Increase the humidity in your room:
- Use a CPAP machine
- Avoid alcohol before bedtime
- Treat nasal congestion.
- Avoid sleeping on your back
Complications in Loud Snoring
Habitual snoring can be more than just a noisy disturbance. In addition to disturbing the sleeping partner’s sleep, but if snoring is associated with the OSA, then it may be at risk of the other complication in your life that includes:
- Feel sleepy at day time
- Sleeping Disorder
- Frequently frustration and anger
- Headache and feel irritating
- Heart problems
- It affects your blood pressure
- Risk of stroke
Your health depends on better night sleep if you and your partner suffer from very loud snoring or sleep apnea or if you really want to get rid of your snoring, then call our expert doctor. There are treatments, and you can get your restful nights back. Or you can give us a call on our toll-free number 1800-121-4408 today. Our experts will be there to assist you.