- July 5, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Hearings Loss
Sounds you ignore can cause hearing loss and hurt your ears
Our ear canal or eardrum can be affected by noise and many types of loud sound which are the reason for the noise-induced hearing loss. The hearing loss or hearing disability is one type of health disease and it can occur in anyone. In which, we can’t hear properly and clearly any type of sound or voice which can be permanent or temporary and it may be the reason for depression or frustration. Noise reduces our hearing sensitivity day to day. Every day, we face many types of sound in our environment like TV, music, vehicle, home appliances etc which are not harmful to us but these can be damaged our hearing when they are too loud, too close or last too long.
Many types of sound can hurt our hearing sensitivity day to day, those are: –
1. Noisy restaurant:- Noisy restaurants are rush area and sound’s level is above 75 decibels. If we go there and live for a long time then our eardrum can be damaged slowly and our hearing ability reduces due to this. So, we should avoid those places for our hearing health.
2. The humming of refrigerator:- If the sound of the refrigerator will be above 45 decibels then it can slowly hurt our hearing.
3. Noise from heavy city traffic:- The heavy city traffic has noise and the sound level is above 85 decibels. Noise increases due to the car, motorcycle horn, and another vehicle sound. Those sounds are too loud or too close and we face these sounds on daily basis. So, our ear drum is affected and we reduce our hearing capability.
4. A Mp3 or music at maximum volume:- If music player has above 105 decibel sound level then it can be damaged our hearing because the human ear cannot hear too loud volume. The music generates sound waves which enter the eardrum or tiny hair cells through the ear and those hair cells can be damaged due to loud music by music player or headphone. If we will continuously listen to music with the headphone at high volume then hearing issues may have occurred.
5. Home Appliances:- Many home appliances are one of the reasons of hearing loss and our eardrums are affected by home appliances like a food processor or blender, hammering, garbage collector, exercise equipment, vacuum cleaner and hairdryer etc because they are too loud or too close.
6. Balloon Pop:- If balloon burst near to our ears then our hair cells of eardrums can be damaged because they produce a loud volume of sound.
7. Baby crying and dog barking:- They are too loud and those can also hurt our hearing.
8- Movie theater:- The sound level of the movie is above 100 decibels in any movie theater that is too loud for anyone, especially for children. Our hearing can hurt due to this. So, we have to avoid movie theater at many times.
If you face these types of sound and you will have hearing problems then you have to go to the professionals or audiologists of any hearing aid care center nearby you for your hearing test. The audiologist will determine your problems and give you the best treatment for your hearing.
what sound level causes hearing loss
What You Can Do If You Do Have Hearing Loss
Fortunately, 90 percent of hearing loss caused by excessive noise or aging, can be improved by wearing a hearing aid. No matter your specific needs or lifestyle, Hearing Solutions professionals recommend the following hearing aid features, if you and your doctor decide to go that route:
Directional microphones – this feature has been proven to improve hearing in places with heavy ambient noise.
Telecoils – this special circuitry within a hearing aid prevents feedback when you’re on the phone.
Bluetooth technology – this allows for wireless connection from your hearing aid directly to cell phones and TVs.
Rechargeable hearing aid batteries – they’re super convenience and a must for people with visual or dexterity issues.